Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

aug. 7th 2008 from 93 north
xxxxxhullseagull2008017-1.jpg
from Tobin Bridge
xxxxxhullseagull2008014-1.jpg

Two from today, August 9, 2008:

The rest of my pictures of 45 Province under construction are HERE.

Upper glass is starting to look good, I'll wait until it's fully cladded to rate it, because I don't know if they're doing any more terra cotta on top (I don't think they should, ground level can be historic but some modernism is refreshing on upper levels).

not alot of people see the ground floor of this building, but its turning out decent

Those protruding balconies are supposed to be clad in the "terra cotta". When that happens, the entire character of this building will come into focus....and I think it will be spectacular.

^I sort of like the balconies as they are. If they remained that way, I feel they'd offer a nice contrast from the terra cotta and glass. I can see how that could seem overwhelming for some, but it's a personal taste.

Yesterday:

img7869qt6.jpg

img7870ml4.jpg

img7871as4.jpg

img7874ih7.jpg

It was raining hard during these last two pics:

img7941yb7.jpg

img8061az3.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

kz, thanks as always for taking the pics especially on what looks like a pretty crummy day. Are they leaving the back wall a black blank space or will they cover with a facade of glass to resemble condo windows?

People have said there will be faux windows, but it really isn't looking like that'll happen.

Damn, and I thought I was cool with my 28mm...!

Vertical lines are awesome. Like the lines in a pinstripe suit, they add height and lose weight. This building is great. Small footprint, jammed in, makes the eye go up up up.

Seems gropius lives eh?

^ Which one of his partners designed that one?

How it's shapeing up on the skyline. 1 from mt aburn
xxxxxhullseagull20086312.jpg
2 from mass ave bridge at dusk
xxxxxhullseagull2008625.jpg

Thanks to the hill it is on, 45 Province Street looks taller and seems to be nearly the height of 33 Arch.

One from an MGH parking garage, showing a messy skyline:

img8434uy4.jpg

And one from far down Memorial Drive:

img8592oz1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back