45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

Anyone have any idea what this is about. I found it doing a google search on 45P.

"Building permit details: Location 45 Province
Issue date: April 10, 2009
Description: INSTALL ILLUMINATED PROJECTING WALL SIGN"

I wonder if it could be related to the big black wall.

Let's hope so!

Is that blank wall a function of a 0 lot line? I am guessing it is. If you are up against a lot line other than one that faces a street you are not allowed any openings. (without a crazy amount of gymnastics that cost tons of cash that is).

cca

The blank wall faces an alley, which is a public way. On the lower floors of blank wall (which are not visable from Tremont St., the common etc.) there appear to be a number of windows. I say appear because when walking down school street I often glance down the alley and it's not a great vantage point. I've haven't walked down the alley as there always seems to be construction activity.

today from 93 no.
018-6.jpg

Someone in this forum said that the "black wall" does NOT look so bad!
I have to agree.
It makes no aesthetic sense from the outside, but we still can HOPE that they will think to make it shine!
If we're using one of the the Pru walls to exhibit events on the tower, this can be a GREAT choice for it!
In full view from any corner, bridge (two at least), from the Common, the Public Garden, etc. etc. That "black wall" will work great!

this building fits in so nicely from this angle, too bad the other side sucks!

Anyone have a buddy with a window facing the blank side?

I see the possibility of nightly rogue laser shows.

That's an amazing shot of the city. Boston looks so full and alive. Imagine, a little more panoramic shot including Russia Wharf and (hopefully) a slightly redesigned South Station Tower, and the Congress St. Towers, and the Aquarium towers (also redesigned)...I am very optimistic about Boston's skyline in the next 15 years or so!

Anyone have a buddy with a window facing the blank side?

I see the possibility of nightly rogue laser shows.

I could see myself having fun with one of those laser pointers and that black wall hehe.

The palette is particularly evident in that shot. Welcome to Browntown Boston.

^ Obviously your not figuring this out now.... soooo, whats the point of bringing it up now?

I'd just like constructive criticism. Say something blows... great. Offer alternatives.

?

It wasn't meant as a criticism, just an observation about the photo and an excuse to use a cheesy pun.

That base makes up for that blank wall. Many other towers look nice from a distance but have boring blank walls at the base. A good streetlevel design is so much more important that a skyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back