50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Right, got my geography mixed up there. So it looks like 22 Liberty, 50 Liberty, and future office (?) building will all have a continuous underground garage.

22's garage is actually already part of the continuous garage that includes both Vertex buildings and One Marina Park.

I really can't wait until they open the new section of harborwalk adjacent to 50 Liberty so that the walk becomes contiguous between the Barking Crab and the ICA. Anyone know when that might happen? It looks like the walk is fully built, but I am not sure if they're going to delay opening it because its considered part of the construction zone. It seems like there's a reasonable buffer and that the walk could open soon...

It reopened today. You can now walk along the harbor past 22 and 50 liberty all the way to the ICA. The area along the harbor in front of 50 liberty is clearly temporary, but will do the trick for now.

^ LOL yes

28972829682_08c5217829_b.jpg

Is it easily possible for the city to decide to create more land in front of this site and for developers to come in and build more condos (and yes, killing the views from both 22 and 50 Liberty)? Just curious.

Is it easily possible for the city to decide to create more land in front of this site and for developers to come in and build more condos (and yes, killing the views from both 22 and 50 Liberty)? Just curious.

Is it physically possible? Yes.

Is it possible in today's political and regulatory environment? Absolutely not. Filling in the ocean to create more land just isn't something we do anymore.

^but if you want to throw it on top of some pilings, then we can talk!

Back