50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Its a layering effect where each one behind the next can have a view of the water.

but then why does it have that roughly 2' extension from the building and not just continue the line of the corner it is fitting in? Instead of giving you a vie of the water it is just giving you a view of your neighbors balcony...

but then why does it have that roughly 2' extension from the building and not just continue the line of the corner it is fitting in? Instead of giving you a vie of the water it is just giving you a view of your neighbors balcony...

Valid point. I don't think I noticed that before you pointed it out. Doesn't make sense from an aesthetic view. The balconies on the side of 22 Liberty are flush in line with the lines of the building as you describe. Would've made sense to the repeat the concept here.

except they can build one on an actual real beach (instead of a rotting, forlorn fish dock) without the Proletariat horrendously freaking out every time they write an article about construction..... :)

I'm not so sure you know what Proletariat means.....

I think it is to provide enough space on the balcony for it to be functional. They are pretty small as is so removing that extra space would probably make it a bit to small and the main focus of them based on their shape and the buildings shape/ orientation is clearly still towards the water views.

33699635141_00b9879979_b.jpg

33672778212_4cb1e4b24d_b.jpg

33699631901_a00ab620df_b.jpg

33787749916_a17508575b_b.jpg

33672775662_fbf089febf_b.jpg

33015443513_78fa4d653a_b.jpg

33672774462_015b04dacc_b.jpg

33015441273_6f9960cf8b_b.jpg

What is the context for the railyard sculpture? How big is it? Is it permanent?

What is the context for the railyard sculpture? How big is it? Is it permanent?

That is a permanent Massachusetts Historical Plaque (one of several) explaining the history of Fan Pier.

Fan Pier was created as a fan-out of rail lines to allow access to many ships docked around the perimeter.

It has been there for a while (it predates the Fallon developments). I think it is on the water side of 22 Liberty. It is not huge, but it is pretty nice.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMAPX_Fan_Pier

Wow, I hadn't heard that, what's your source? Thanks.

Don't know what BostonDrew has for a source, but the link below also lists 7 units available.

http://bostonsluxuryproperties.com/fifty-liberty/

Note: Unless BostonDrew has first-hand knowledge, it's also possible that there are some units that have not yet been released for sale. Given the stage of construction though (the exterior glass is almost complete), I'd expect all units to be released by now.

This building is almost sold out - 7 units remaining!
How do you know there are only 7 units remaining? Doesn't seem right since the building doesn't open until 2018. 22 Liberty took longer to sell than that.

This is moving along at a pretty impressive rate. Looking forward to having the full fan pier portion of the harbor walk open again once the landscaping is done.

Nice pics, thanks DZ...lots of em today.

Is there one more lot to be developed on this part of Fan Pier, next to 50 Liberty?

Back