Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

1648094540074.jpeg

This building needs more stupid shit all over it.

Its confusing to look at at first but this is actually two different buildings. The one on the right is already under construction and the one on the left is the current proposal. This may be the reason you thought the facade had so much going on.

You can see in this picture on the right 50-56 leo birmingham pkwy, with the structure to be replaced in the above proposal on the left.
d6debb80-35e5-42a3-9df9-9b3aa6a41475

IMG_5682 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5684 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5699 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5701 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5702 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5705 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5698 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5706 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5709 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5710 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_5714 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Great photos Beeline. I love the infill along Leo Birmingham but man The Leo condo building is ugly...

5/10 From Symmes Arlington. There's a core in the middle of the 1st pic which I can't identify. I understand the utilitarian aspect but all the 5-over-1's peppering the landscape look baaaaaaad.

IMG_0911 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_0912 by David Z, on Flickr

5/10 From Symmes Arlington. There's a core in the middle of the 1st pic which I can't identify. I understand the utilitarian aspect but all the 5-over-1's peppering the landscape look baaaaaaad.

IMG_0911 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_0912 by David Z, on Flickr
I think it‘s the core of the new building on the eastern side of the Overlook project.

And wildly overused by developers in the US. We can't have woonerfs here--it's such a specific thing. Here it is shorthand for a car space where people are allowed. (read, we don't have room for a sidewalk so we'll call it a woonerf)

It's a Dutch word for "living street" / "living yard"--basically, a street that deliberately slows motor vehicle traffic to very slow speeds to prioritize other modes of transport and activities in the street:

This project got started at 249 Corey Rd, Brighton / Brookline line.. The disagreement with this project is the Brookline side of the property is maintaining the single family zoning for single family homes. I found this link - 150 Jordan Road with the single family posting, but no details. I wonder if it will be build to suit?

IMG_0927.JPG

This project got started at 249 Corey Rd, Brighton / Brookline line.. The disagreement with this project is the Brookline side of the property is maintaining the single family zoning for single family homes. I found this link - 150 Jordan Road with the single family posting, but no details. I wonder if it will be build to suit?

View attachment 25107

This project is like a perfect physical representation of how many of Boston's wealthy suburbs stifle progress towards regional housing production. IRRC, ~34 multi-family units on the Boston side and 2 SFHs on the Brookline side. Ridiculous.

Back