Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

International Bicycle has been there for years. They are the only people aside from the late Sheldon Brown's proteges whom are allowed to touch my Peugeot.

New store front then? Bigger sign? Something has changed.

whats going up on allston st.?

I think that area on comm ave is just a staging ground for the commonwealth ave improvement project.

Jass, where on Allston Street is that project?

And I believe palindrome's right on the staging area.

Its between Brighton Ave and Comm Ave on Allston street I think. I was a little bit lost at the time so Im not quite sure.

^ I shall celebrate by kicking the nearest homeless person in the shin!

As close to a god, in my opinion. Just thinking about her today, in fact. As I waited (and waited) for a bus.

Observed in an appropriate manner? Oh sweet, legalized rape every 365 days! I LOVE CAPITALISM.

As close to a god, in my opinion. Just thinking about her today, in fact. As I waited (and waited) for a bus.

Oh come on John! Public transportation? If you were a real Rand fan you would have taken a cab!

Or better yet, used your superior intellect to invent a teleportation device to move around town. :)

Plus any excuse to post this again:
atlass.gif

CVS from the side. I like the hundred-foot-deep parking lot wrapping around its two main facades:

img1150y.jpg

At the time google streetview came by (summer leaves - 2008? 2009?), that house was for sale. It doesn't seem to be anymore. The article says the house is protected from demolition, and a 2007 plan to disassemble and reassemble the house closer to the curb to build a condo building behind it was rejected.

It's an ugly house, and such a waste of the T being right outfront of it.

According to the Allston-Brighton blog link above, the owner is planning to keep the house and "Erect a six story, rear addition with eleven parking spaces below" - basically build an apartment building behind the existing house.

According to the Allston-Brighton blog link above, the owner is planning to keep the house and "Erect a six story, rear addition with eleven parking spaces below" - basically build an apartment building behind the existing house.

I dont like this. The house is ok, but a waste of space. Instead, theyre going to knock over a bunch of trees because theyre not allowed to continue the streetwall where the house is

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...qt7OqTY9m5KidbB57khD-Q&cbp=12,254.08,,0,-1.54

I love walking by that house, solely for its incongruity.

But the new plan is plain stupid. This stretch of Comm ave needs a unified streetwall. And I can't believe people aren't up in arms about protecting the unified "treewall" behind it. It's the reservoir!!

Back