Allston Yards (Stop and Shop) | 60 Everett St | Allston

It's a bit of a hike (1/2 mile) but it's walkable I guess to B. Not that B is a great option. Indigo would be more ideal yes.

You have four tracks from Cambridge Street (end of the yards) to Market Street. Possible to connect it in with GJ through Cambridge, but I don't know if that's worth the cost. Maybe better - and this would be an engineering challenge - would be to devise a ramp branching down from the B Line at the BU bridge onto the GJ tracks and over to Boston Landing. (And yes, I know branching could create its own frequency problems... )

This plus the New Balance complex should be renamed "Seaport by the Pike."

Having DMUs running every 7 minutes, 1 to North Station, 1 to South Station would be nice.

Having DMUs running every 7 minutes, 1 to North Station, 1 to South Station would be nice.

Extend the green line from North Station through the Grand Junction to Boston Landing. Would serve the new Allston Yards reconfiguration and provide better service to Kendall which is quickly becoming a jobs center and with only one rapid transit stop is actually sort of undeserved.

I would also love to see a new green line spur go next to the Newburyport Rockport commuter rail line, from both the new grand junction and north station, and have it run on the already existing silver line row. Have the line go underground just before Eastern ave in Somerville, and connect it to the silver line in the seaport (stopping at the airport station, with possibly an additional stop at terminal A).

Looks great. Don't expect award winning architecture and honestly, for the amount of density that's coming in here, it's a great thing as is.

But... why tf can't they connect Braintree to Arthur? Shepard already asked this... is this just due to the typical Boston tradition of pointlessly severing street connections because god forbid the local streetgrid ever is anything other than intentionally designed to route all auto traffic onto a single road to maximize congestion and misery?

Extend the green line from North Station through the Grand Junction to Boston Landing. Would serve the new Allston Yards reconfiguration and provide better service to Kendall which is quickly becoming a jobs center and with only one rapid transit stop is actually sort of undeserved.

Do they have room to do this? As in once the green line gets moved across the street from Lechmere and is extended north, it has to cross the grand junction tracks and the spur that goes over to the BU bridge. Does it already have two tracks in order to put a green line train going over to the Beacon yards?

Do they have room to do this? As in once the green line gets moved across the street from Lechmere and is extended north, it has to cross the grand junction tracks and the spur that goes over to the BU bridge. Does it already have two tracks in order to put a green line train going over to the Beacon yards?

We need F Line :(.

I mean the Route 28 through that section is overbuilt as is. You could get rid of a lane of traffic and put the green line in the medium. Either elevated or ground level.

Green line extension would be a mistake. Even if it’s spatially feasible. This is all been discussed on the green line threads way back. The green line extensions that need to happen are off the B, to grand junction and another one to Harvard. The latter would go thru Harvard’s Allston campus and connect with West Station. Increase frequencies on the Worcester line and you have the connectivity you need.

Green line extension would be a mistake. Even if it’s spatially feasible. This is all been discussed on the green line threads way back. The green line extensions that need to happen are off the B, to grand junction and another one to Harvard. The latter would go thru Harvard’s Allston campus and connect with West Station. Increase frequencies on the Worcester line and you have the connectivity you need.

I'm confused. You want to dead end the GJ GLX out of the B-line, rather than tie it in at Lechmere?

One branch to Harvard, across western ave. One branch onto grand junction.

Sorry to keep this off-topic, but you said a GLX out of Lechmere down Grand Junction would be a mistake, but that the same extension would be a good idea out of the B-Line. That's why I'm confused.

Sorry to keep this off-topic, but you said a GLX out of Lechmere down Grand Junction would be a mistake, but that the same extension would be a good idea out of the B-Line. That's why I'm confused.

Nooo, I was saying extending the GL to Brighton was a mistake. It’s all been discussed way back, in the crazy transit pitches thread... I don’t think it’s in the green line reconfig thread but it was the discussion on crazy transit pitches that led to the creation of the separate green line thread. You were on it too, I think.

The best idea it seemed to me was to run two new GL branches to Harvard (via west station) and the grand junction. Turn the Worcester line to DMUs or EMUs (I’m not that versed in the difference) but essentially to allow for rapid service. That allows you to have improved access between Brighton landing, all of Cambridge, and Boston.

Nooo, I was saying extending the GL to Brighton was a mistake. It’s all been discussed way back, in the crazy transit pitches thread... I don’t think it’s in the green line reconfig thread but it was the discussion on crazy transit pitches that led to the creation of the separate green line thread. You were on it too, I think.

The best idea it seemed to me was to run two new GL branches to Harvard (via west station) and the grand junction. Turn the Worcester line to DMUs or EMUs (I’m not that versed in the difference) but essentially to allow for rapid service. That allows you to have improved access between Brighton landing, all of Cambridge, and Boston.

D = Diesel. E = electric.
Electric better in so many ways, but requires electrification of the line. Major up front infracost on top of cost of new fleet.

Should be the goal regardless and bite bullet up front versus being stuck with DMU's for 25-50 years, and finally replacing with electric.

Thanks for clarifying! Sorry for drawing it out of you.

I like that they are going to connect the street grid like this vs how it is now. Looks like its going to end up pretty good.

The new entrance to this area from Everett st seems to magically do away with the different grades of the down ramp of Everett st bridge and the short Everett st branch that runs parallel to it.

dV6MkxUh.png

3edCg3kh.png

ng7NXrKh.png

deyPqqch.png

JsFvuyyh.png

FC0q3ssh.png

j5gDp78h.png

irrEhc4h.png

vKidVigh.png

MesGbzqh.png

NYM0EQeh.png

M09kqauh.jpg