Assembly Square Infill and Small Developments | Somerville

All of that is probably worth an extra $1,000, but I'd guess a lot of people in the Fenway are already maxed out on their housing budget, so the point remains that some of these new places are really expensive.

Agreed, it does help open up a more affordable apartment in Fenway though. They didn't raise the rent for the people who replaced us and it was pretty affordable, especially compared to what the Viridian is going to end up pricing their 1 bedrooms at.

The more on-campus housing built in the area opens up some of the traditionally student buildings up to young professionals as well.

Details on block 5. Not sure if this breaks ground with block 6 in the spring, but it appears to have cleared most municipal hurdles. Less stylized renders than block six.
Rest of the designs here: http://www.somervillema.gov/sites/default/files/documents/F-III_ArchitecturalPlans_0.pdf

i6OyX1G.png

iiFiQG6.png

hELfbzN.png

BwuKEoc.png

Last edited:
It gives a good sense of everything except where it is actually going. To get some orientation, Block 6 actually the block closest to the T, while Block 5 is closer to the Assembly Square Mall side (Grand Union Blvd is the "property line" between Assembly Row and the Mall's parking)

And in this picture, North (ish) is on the left, while the block 6 isn't shown on "top" (up, on the picture), and the T would be just beyond that.
hELfbzN.png

It gives a good sense of everything except where it is actually going. To get some orientation, Block 6 actually the block closest to the T, while Block 5 is closer to the Assembly Square Mall side (Grand Union Blvd is the "property line" between Assembly Row and the Mall's parking)

And in this picture, North (ish) is on the left, while the block 6 isn't shown on "top" (up, on the picture), and the T would be just beyond that.
hELfbzN.png

Arlington, I think it would be beneficial to repost one of the maps that put things in a larger scale context such as

HYVwwYC.png
[/QUOTE]

8yVoZWw.png

~ Thank you. Essentially this new project is going on Block 5A (with 5B still surface parking). I really like it. Good to see Assembly going tall.

hELfbzN.png

People are calling for union labor for block 6: http://patch.com/massachusetts/somerville/calls-frit-build-union-assembly-0

Rumor is they want block 6 and block 5 completely done around the same time as the PHS building.

It will great seeing these go up. Will love to see what Assembly looks like after the shopping center/home depot are redeveloped.

T4XVEmA.jpg

Partners building rising from across Somerville on the Tufts campus.

Boyfriend and I were considering AVA here, too. Ended up going for 225 Centre since it's closer to work for him (like down the block close) and somewhat cheaper. For about the same price, we could've done AVA with more of the amenities, but just counldn't justify that cost with his budget.

With all my friends who are still crying foul with these developments, I've been using the same reasoning as Peterborough - those who can afford it will move out and make room for more in the upper slice of existing rentals. Eventually it trickles down. I can't even reason with my older neighbours opposing development in JP on that...

Looked up one day and noticed that I can actually see the cranes from my office over at 255 State across from the Aquarium.

Li9whc3.jpg

Boyfriend and I were considering AVA here, too. Ended up going for 225 Centre since it's closer to work for him (like down the block close) and somewhat cheaper. For about the same price, we could've done AVA with more of the amenities, but just counldn't justify that cost with his budget.

With all my friends who are still crying foul with these developments, I've been using the same reasoning as Peterborough - those who can afford it will move out and make room for more in the upper slice of existing rentals. Eventually it trickles down. I can't even reason with my older neighbours opposing development in JP on that...

Looked up one day and noticed that I can actually see the cranes from my office over at 255 State across from the Aquarium.

you seriously believe in trickle down?

This thing is a lot taller than expected...can anyone remind us of the dimensions ?

Back