Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Russia Wharf

Very nice. High tech Gothic. Reminds me of the interior court in Rafael Vi?oly's Charles M. Harper Center at the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business.

Thanks Briv for posting the pictures of the atrium. I wonder if the steel columns will be painted or if they will be red?

From the pictures red, from the renders white. I like the white.

The atrium looks good to me. I think red or white would both work fine.

Stupid question but.. does the atrium wrap around the building or is it only on that one side? Just curious and I couldn't tell from the pictures on the last few pages.

today a quick drive around the building
019-10.jpg
017-7.jpg
025-3.jpg
028-7.jpg
030-10.jpg
031-8.jpg

Judging from these photos from Boston02124 (thanks), the red steel columns look nothing like the rendering, which doesn't surprise me. I'm not sure if I like what I'm seeing here now, if all the red steel is part of the atrium, then I think it looks too crowded. Guess I'll have to wait until it's finished to make a final judgement. IMO however, an atrium this large should be very open and simple, which this one doesn't appear to be.

^ thanks ,Hard to tell if some of that steel is just temperary or permenant? maybe someone can get a better pix than my drive bys!
027-4.jpg
010-11.jpg

Yes, thanks for picking up my slack, lol. I'm a lazy bum now and never get into town...

@ kz - I'm in town for a few days and on a long walk this morning I ended up in your neck of the woods (Oak Square). It was my first time I'd seen the area and it was actually more interesting than I expected. This is solely because of a certain place on Washington St whose sign read something to the effect of "Friends Soccer Club Pierikos [sp]." Their door was open and when I looked in I saw a room full of old Euro lookin dudes sitting around playing cards, drinking, smoking, etc. Didn't expect that, especially having just walked over from Harvard Ave.

Boston02124... I've been down there a lot lately, but I most certainly still live here. Back at the meetup I was talking of moving down there, but thus far it's just talk.

blade_blitz, yeah that place is an anomaly. My friends and I like to let our imaginations run wild and think it's a front for some nefarious organized crime syndicate, but in reality it looks to be, like you said, just a bunch of old Euro dudes fraternizing. Still, every time I walk by I look in, hoping to see someone with blood on their shirt or something, haha.

oh,then get out there and take some pix's! :) today!
061-3.jpg
062-3.jpg
055-6.jpg

^ thanks! can't wait to see some skin on this!

The shots with the fog are great. I think I've been pretty hard on the design for this building but it is still exciting to see it rising.

^^^ That plus it makes the Intercontinental less prominent.

Back