Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Russia Wharf

I forgot these
IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

Great shots Jass, thanks so much for the updates on this interesting project.

Love it or hate it, the RKG is a great place to stand in order to take pictures of the downtown and the waterfront!! Great pics you guys, thanks!

^thanks^ but as always I was driving while taking pix's!

^underground, that comment was priceless. comment of the year on this board

^that did make me laugh! back in the car today, rain has got to go!
026-12.jpg
004-16.jpg
back in the office
007-12.jpg
006-12.jpg
008-14.jpg
back in the car
011-13.jpg
022-11.jpg
024-9.jpg
025-8.jpg

Thanks Boston02124. You have outdone yourself with these pics of Russia Wharf. I especially liked the picture with the sailing ship followed by the picture with the reflection of the steel and canopy in the Intercontinental. This image seemed to mimic the masts and sails of the ship. At any rate, great sequence and transition. I also enjoyed the picture you took in your car's side mirror. Thanks again for all your shots of Russia Wharf and your efforts in making them interesting and enjoyable. As someone here noted earlier, you are indeed this threads MVP!

Is it topped out yet? I can't really tell but it seems to be almost at the height of the Keystone tower which I believe will be around the same height.

I also enjoyed the picture you took in your car's side mirror.
Boston 02124 - I also enjoyed the shot via the side mirror. You've had so much practice taking pictures through the windshield while driving, it just doesn't seem that dangerous anymore. Now driving while taking good pictures backwards through rear view or side view mirrors is definitely a new twist and introduces a new element of exciting danger.

thanks^ Can you believe I'm also getting paid! I counted 22 floors so far,so 10 more to go?

I think the core is at or almost at the maximum height though. It's around 28 stories high from the picture.

This sucker rose up fast! That thing was a hole in the ground for how long? 1 year? 2 years? Once it got going, it GOT GOING!

today from logan
369.jpg
372.jpg
this next one was while driving(big surprise!) Russia Wharf expands the skyline from the left
378.jpg
375-1.jpg

Last edited:

This sucker rose up fast! That thing was a hole in the ground for how long? 1 year? 2 years? Once it got going, it GOT GOING!

My thoughts exactly... wtf?!

I am impressed by the massing of the building in it's environment... along with the speed of this project!

I got around today! showing on the skyline
063-3.jpg
this next one's for commuter guy!
062-5.jpg
030-12.jpg
033-10.jpg

If you get around to the Southie side, you will notice a little bit of skin has been added just above the existing facade.

I would have taken a picture but some crook decided to steal my camera 2 weeks ago.

Back