Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Russia Wharf

Stunning pics guys. Boston02124, your picture is almost ruined by the harbor towers they are so ugly.

^Yeah those two tower's only look decent from the water, Some from today
101-3.jpg
100-6.jpg
099-4.jpg
095-6.jpg

Looks like they were using a lighter color glass to transition in hue between the Intercontinental and the Federal reserve, just as they transition in height.

I think this is going to surpass 45 Prov and Clarendon (obviously) in terms of sharp new buildings. Not much competition lately.:( New MIT building looks pretty sweet but its more of a landscraper.

I disagree. It's going to be another CBT hackjob, another glass ice cube that continues the genericification of Boston. People here were wetting themselves over the Intercontinental when it was going up too.

Its nice filler. Boston has the filler the but lacks the standouts.

I am a fan so far

russiawharfaugustboston.jpg

And one more that I played around with
russiawharf2augustbosto.jpg

Last edited:

^ nice pix's! I like the 2nd one,It shows the difference in the 2 glass buildings. Sunset was nice tonite from Quincy
032-10.jpg
02000.jpg
059-11.jpg
034-12.jpg

I am a fan so far

russiawharfaugustboston.jpg

And one more that I played around with
russiawharf2augustbosto.jpg

Anyone know if the bridge is finnish? Is that the final color,I hope not,This view with the water,bridge and 2 new buildings will become a boston post card standard,again nice pix's Corey!

I disagree. It's going to be another CBT hackjob, another glass ice cube that continues the genericification of Boston. People here were wetting themselves over the Intercontinental when it was going up too.

Oh, come on. They've preserved the original facades and are building a nice looking glass tower on top. What would you have done here?

russia%20wharf%203.jpg

A few more from the weekend-

616432334_AqdfM-M.jpg

616432638_vPQSE-M.jpg

616437486_u4uKo-M.jpg

Is it just me or is the side facing towards the water actually slanted. It will be cool if it is.

Is it just me or is the side facing towards the water actually slanted. It will be cool if it is.

Good observation KentXie, I do believe it is! If you look at the beams above the side they appear to get shorter as you go to the top. I didn't see this coming, but I'm not sure if I like the slant on just one side of the building, I'll have to wait and see the finished product.

Beautiful building. I like how the IC/russia wharf glass looks against that white of the Fed and One International

Back