Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Atlantic Wharf (formerly Russia Wharf)

not driveing>
427.jpg
429.jpg

^^Cornice.

I hope thats primer! Though the more I look at the pix the more I think I could get used to it,if it stays white!

ah yeah it was just primer.

they painted it GREEN Today : - )

EH I still think it looks green

4689550783_2bbd4ec685_b.jpg

Last edited:

We can go and bribe a construction worker to hit it up with a Pantone meter and settle this once and for all.

Also:
37200945503pmchessboard.jpg

my mind was just blown.

whatever color it is, it looks good.

Truth - it looks good.

Painting things green so they look like patinated copper is so lame. David Hacin told me that the copper cladding the top of FP3 was pre-patinated, because copper simply won't turn green anymore - it was due to the heavy sulfur pollution in the air during the 19th and early 20th centuries.

last week.finnishing the top is takeing forever it seems?
484-1.jpg
485.jpg

this has really surpassed my expectations. looks great.

I heard that it's still a go except that the Intercontinental next door is fighting it tooth and nail since it will block quite a bit of its views. Here are a couple of pics from the CBT website.

RussiaWharf2.jpg

RussiaWharf1.jpg

Bumping old renderings which do no justice to what this has become.

The quality of the photos have been great. Nothing said here is meant to dismiss appreciation for the diligence and value of a stream of photographs that capture the development in progress.

That said, in my opinion photos should be in a separate thread.

Photos inline with comments make it all but impossible to carry on a coherent discussion about the project. And, when posts (such as this one) are prickly, maybe that's the point?

Furthermore, photos taken from every possible perspective and under extraordinary lighting conditions are generally unrepresentative of what Bostonians who encounter the project will experience when walking down Atlantic or Congress Street, or are interested in Boston's potential (or missed opportunities IMO) at the water's edge.

Again, I value the photos. But I'd also be interested in an unbroken thread of discussion.

Upload!

The photos and the discussion go hand in hand. We don't all walk by these buildings every day so the illustrations are helpful.

What is more interesting here? Is it a picture worth a thousand words, or a thousand words? I personally enjoy the pictures interwoven with discussion, especially when the pictures show progression of the project, which in turn will have influence in changing the course of discussion. What initially drew my attention to archboston.org was not the preponderance of negative opinion of most projects, but rather the photographs of the projects themselves exhibiting various stages of construction from beginning to completion.

I care about the photos more than the discussion. Why do I care if x member thinks the white paint should be beige? I rather see a photo and judge for myself.

Agree with Jass (even though I think he's referencing me about beige).

Eh, I tend to side with Sicilian. It's just a bit of an inconvenience to scroll through photos to read the discussion. I think the only thing that could be done to make this easier would be to keep photos in thumbnail format so they could be expanded upon request, and not take as much time to load/scroll through if the discussion is all one is interested in.

Back