Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Atlantic Wharf (formerly Russia Wharf)

Boston 02124 your pics look great. I for one will never tire of seeing them, so never feel there are too many. Thanks again for your time and efforts in taking and posting them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, Yes, and Yes!!!

Nice pics; I really like this tower.

Now all we need is the SST and this will be a nice, glassy corner of the city.

South%20Station%20Rendering_lres_web.jpg

this building reminds me of this haircut

djjazzyjeffinbizarreclothing1.jpg

thanks everyone^ some more from South Boston
3323.jpg
328.jpg
249.jpg
<from the Green way

today getting off the train at so.station
142-1.jpg

If they had to remove the historic name, couldn't they have just used the street address or given it a name? There's enough "Wharfs" in Boston that they didn't have to come up with Atlantic. 520 Atlantic Ave or the The "X" Building........ at Russia Wharf.

^^Beautiful shot! Vivid!

sitting in the Greenway traffic
227-2.jpg
the real Greenway!
226-1.jpg
finnishing the top!
207.jpg

^ Which is worse: third rate or mediocre? From photographs, I see both new buildings slugging it out for both titles.

Hodgepodges of un resolved elements.

I know, I know ... you can't tell from photographs.

Then why post them?

Anyway, you know that's BS; most folks know Haghia Sophia and the Hearst Tower from photographs.

Then why post them?

On a related note, Inception opens tonight.

Back to your question. If we were to have a coherent, uninterupted discussion regarding this 3rd rate project on a 1st rate site... hold a second.

Someone is at my doo

r

I am thoroughly confused.

Admittedly not a well-made point, Kennedy, I was just expressing continued frustration that it's impossible to have a discussion on this significant project knowing that a somewhat surreal stream of photos will follow every comment.

The project's public waterfront spaces and first floor, all of which went through multiple rounds of BRA approvals and discussion/publicity in the Globe because of the site's status on tidelands, are soon to be completed.

I think given the knowledge of ArchBoston commenters a discussion would be more valuable than just visiting to view hundreds of images of a building that people can visit in person.

Needless to say, I withdrew this point when I made it before. It just feels like a missed opportunity.

Admittedly not a well-made point, Kennedy, I was just expressing continued frustration that it's impossible to have a discussion on this significant project knowing that a somewhat surreal stream of photos will follow every comment.

The project's public waterfront spaces and first floor, all of which went through multiple rounds of BRA approvals and discussion/publicity in the Globe because of the site's status on tidelands, are soon to be completed.

I think given the knowledge of ArchBoston commenters a discussion would be more valuable than just visiting to view hundreds of images of a building that people can visit in person.

Needless to say, I withdrew this point when I made it before. It just feels like a missed opportunity.

Oh yes, I'm sure most people are clicking on these threads to hear random person X trying to one-up random person Y in who can be the biggest complainer. Instead of pictures, we can just listen to people bitch about it and then use our imaginations about how crappy any/all new projects are looking. Also, I guess it slipped my mind just how easy it is for every single person reading these threads to just pop down and look at these projects anytime. Why don't I just hop into my teleporter and I can go get my daily update. Seriously man, you could have at least been a little more timely in presenting your already weakened case. The guy only posted 3 pictures!

How do pictures make it impossible to have a discussion? Just scroll past them. It's not that difficult. The only thing disruptive here is your bitching about the pictures.

Dude, relax. Sicilian is always pretty respectful and typically contributes to good discussion (and doesn't bitch).

Yeah if it's really a big deal just configure your browser to block images from showing up

See picture's do provoke conversation's^^^^^
336-1.jpg
337-1.jpg

Back