Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Atlantic Wharf (formerly Russia Wharf)

Niiice, I somehow knew you or Boston02124 would get it. Saves me an expedition in the rain later today!

^ Shadow mitigation.

Heh. Thanks for posting. I saw that last night coming out of the airport tunnels. At first I thought I was looking at Fan Pier, then realized it was much too tall and farther away for that.

want to re-photograph it when its not cloudy. The clouds ruined it IMHO.

I love how the clouds extend and radiate the light further away from the building. I rode by this building last night and it illuminated the whole area. Not my weather of choice but it created a surreal feeling.

I noticed it too last night, from the corner of Massachusetts Av and Harrison Av on my walk home from the pool. It really stands out on foggy nights.

That gives it an interesting little twist and gives the roof shape a little raison d'?tre.

Wow. I wonder what the FAA thought of this.

I mean, they can kill the Boston Light. You can probably see the beacon from this thing from France.

I caught it.

: )

and yeah it was super bright ! ! ! !

5181804764_b20e09b841_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/5181804764/

< LIKE> was the spire lit also?

< LIKE> was the spire lit also?

Spire was NOT lit up and nither was the left side of the building (looking at my photo)
They can light it up Blue and Green (seperatly not togher)
Although I am sure they probably could at some point.

Should be interesteing seeing this whole mashup lit up : )_

Stay tuned as they say : )

Spire and roof lit up tonight.

1094031984_BbBdN-M-1.jpg

1094032251_4FH8r-M.jpg

1094032665_scwDH-M-1.jpg

1094040854_Z7VKt-M-1.jpg

1094041327_fu6qC-M.jpg

1094041691_xHwbQ-M.jpg

1094058177_3g8HM-M.jpg

1094075983_Hhett-M.jpg

egad.

an underscaled lance in hand and an overshined pot on its head.... the don quixote building

Great pics Bos77! Pierce, you are right on with that nickname. When we are still calling it that in 20 years, we'll remember that it all started right here.

A couple shots from Tuesday.

IMG_7822.jpg

IMG_7825.jpg

That's cheesy shit right there. The bottom of the spire isn't lit up and the top isn't either. The two colors lose whatever class the building had and make it seem like it belongs in Nashville.

That second to last pic is nice tho Bos77 on the Don Quixote building

it seems over the top bright. I need sunglasses just looking at the pictures.

I'm assuming they're still tweaking things, and this may not be the final FINAL product. I have no basis for any assumption really, but i think the neighbors at the Fed, ICH, or Fort Point area would be none to pleased with this glow all night.

I'm not bowled over by this project to begin with, but I do love that with this new lighting, the Custom House and United Shoe buildings relit , IP 1/2, 1 Lincoln, downtown has brightened up at night. It was kind of dim for a while. Now if the old Hancock was relit I'd be a happy camper...

Now if the old Hancock was relit I'd be a happy camper...
I can't be sure that it's everyday, but I saw the flashing blue yesterday when I left work, for "change is due." I'll try to notice whether it's lit tonight.

Fortunately the weather beacon is still on, but up until 18 months ago, the entire building had a nice spotlight on it.

I miss this:
1094711438_dq44t-M.jpg

I'm so oblivious. I see that building every night yet never noticed. Or more likely, noticed, then promptly forgot.

hopefully now that Boston Properties bought the place they'll re-open the observation deck and re-light the old Hancock,unless the old building was'nt included?

I wondered why the Hancock hasn't been lit in a while. It was a classy, classy, look when the old Hancock was bathed in white! Perfect for the building! As far as the new lighting on the new Atlantic Wharf building, love it! Great pics, thanks!!!

Back