Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Atlantic Wharf (formerly Russia Wharf)

I love this tower.

4592102683_34328f7c30_b.jpg

4592110099_0882f9db2e_b.jpg

4592122779_fbde23bc0f_b.jpg

that last one is really nice!

nice ^ can't wait till it's lit up at nite!

Wow, epic photo. I thought it was flawless until I saw the Harbor Towers. But that's okay, I'll pretend I didn't see them. :D

ha ha ha although I do have to say they add some nice red to the reflection in the water.

Thanks guys : - )

Thanks GMack, excellent night shot, just great!

see I am not crazy.

and I do not own photoshop. this was the real deal.

Taken on April 28, 2010

4617346835_704d72e77e_b.jpg

Wow, looks like they can even open Starbucks on active construction sites.

but yeah like I said before it was very bizzare. The signs went up in the Morning.
I walk over from the Chanelside Parking lot near A street so I walk past this daily and it was the strangest thing. Sign went up in the AM and when I walked back to my car at night. ****poof**** it was gone. Good thing I had my camera : )

great photos! that whole area will look great once they build the South Station tower.....

Maybe Starbucks and/or Boston Properties needed to show someone at the city what the proposed signage would look like in order to get a sign permit (since it's a historic structure).

but yeah like I said before it was very bizzare. The signs went up in the Morning.
I walk over from the Chanelside Parking lot near A street so I walk past this daily and it was the strangest thing. Sign went up in the AM and when I walked back to my car at night. ****poof**** it was gone. Good thing I had my camera : )

Obviously a mock-up intended for temporary purposes. A demo, a photo shoot, movie set, something along those lines.

Well, whatever goes in that spot will have a wonderful facade. I'm truly very excited for this to be finished. I'm imagining all sorts of retail and/or dining spaces at street level, and the texture that brick and (Neo-Classic?) detailing will create an infusion of interest and variety to the neighborhood, and hopefully liven the area up. I can totally see South Station, Congress St., and Summer St. as gateways from downtown to a nightlife, entertainment, and arts district in Fort Point.

In case it hasn't been mentioned here, the way the buildings will be set up is that the tower will be (obviously) office space, the long, low building between the Greenway and the Fort Point Channel (where they saved the facade but nothing else) will be offices, and the "historic" mid-rise building facing the Greenway will be apartments (the building where the shipbuilding shop was located). No condos in the high-rise or anywhere else.

New website for the project is due Monday, I hear, to advertise the office space, retail, and residential.

Back