Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Russia Wharf

^Never let the facts get in the way of a firmly held opinion, guys.

Wow! that was some impressive spin. McCain needs you.You can make stats says anything you want them to.

You're right. Here's another example supporting the opposite point of view: Despite being its largest city, Boston has only the 145th largest skyline in New England.

^ Either you or GMACK must be wrong. Only 6 US cities have more 31+ story buildings than Boston. NYC, Chicago and Miami are well ahead, and SF, Houston and LA only have between 3 to 8 more buildings above this height than Boston. 5 of these 6 cities are also larger than Boston, 4 of them signifcantly so.

So, either this project should not be considered very large by Boston standards (we already 27 buildings taller than this) or, if it is, it would also be considered large in all but 3 or 4 American cities.

That's not necessarily a good thing. Because of this, Boston's skyline looks like a plateau. I wish for some height as well but at least it makes it look more dense.

Regarding the name, the signage and hardhat stickers say Russia Wharf.

You're right. Here's another example supporting the opposite point of view: Despite being its largest city, Boston has only the 145th largest skyline in New England

This doesn't make any sense. Boston has the largest skyline in New England. Are you thinking that Providence, Manchester, Portland or maybe Worcester has a larger skyline than Boston? I just can't seem to think of 145 cities New England, nevermind the 144 cities in New England you with larger skylines than Boston.

joke (jōk)
n.

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
4. Informal.
a. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.​

See also: Sarcasm

i think he traded his bag pipe for a crackpipe today. Plus that joke was worse than any joke with the word "shadow" in it.

Wow....
Please tell me jaggedbagpipe, is also joking....
it's sad to think he actually isn't.

img7888sa9.jpg

img7892qz7.jpg

img7893hg2.jpg

A LARGE crane was added to the site over the weekend.
I don't have my camara with me but its about the same size as the Fan Pier Cranes.

I saw it yesterday also but I've broken my camera again! Good to see progress!

today!
xxxxxxx006-1.jpg
xxxxxxx009.jpg
This is only the small crane ,another one comeing soon!

sweet. I might try to get a few today when the rain dries up from the windows.

Just to do a bit of research . . . I decided to look up what the 145th largest city in New England is (by population). I could only find (in my 5 minutes of research) a list of 100 largest cities. The 100th largest city in New England is Gloucester Massachusetts, with a booming population of 30,273

http://www.pho7o.com/images/large/DSC_3962-(good-harbor-beach).jpg

I'd be interested in seeing the list. How did you find it? I can't seem to turn one up in any search.

I apologize if I didn't read the thread, but Wellington is in for this? So it's going to get built no delays?

i believe they have signed a letter of intent. ^

Boston Biz Journal:
Wellington Management has inked a deal to occupy 450,000 square feet of space at Russia Wharf.

Boston Properties said Wellington signed a 15-year lease agreement on April 22. The lease is scheduled to begin in spring 2011.

Wellington has taken steps in recent months to ensure a smooth transition from three other properties it leases. Owners have listed space Wellington currently leases at 75 and 28 State St. as available for lease.

Wellington earlier this year was also reportedly negotiating a two-year interim lease at its third location at 200 State St. until Russia Wharf is ready.

Wellington will stay at 200,000 square feet of space it leases at 100 Federal St.

Russia Wharf will include a 31-story office building, and also residential space to be build into the shell of three brick buildings remaining at the site.

Wellington's lease represents 82 percent of the total, 815,000 square-foot mixed-use project.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2008/04/28/daily34.html?ana=from_rss

Back