Re: Russia Wharf

^ Thanks to you both! More from today,from Dot
016-11.jpg
022-6.jpg
026-6.jpg
and of course one from High st
040-4.jpg

wow. Its already starting to make an impact on the skyline. still pretty low but its starting to get up there. Excited for this building!

I'm wondering why they are not erecting any steel on the front side of this building. Could it possibly be out of courtesy for the guests at the hotel next door, not to block their views until it is absolutely necessary? At the rate this is going, my guess is that this building tops off with the pine tree on October 15th. Anyone else care to make a guess?

I believe there's no steel going up on the Greenway side because they're using that space at the base as a staging area. IIRC, someone mentioned it in this thread earlier, but I can't find it.

It does take about 25 days to strengthen each floor of the core, from pouring fresh concrete after preparing the steel support to have it ready for the next floor.
25 days for 75% or more of its maximum strength.

That what I've been told by a construction engineer supervisor.

Er....Is it possible that IS the front side of the building?

The steel has not been erected on the west side because we are erecting the red steel for the atrium first. Boston02124 posted a pic of one of the tree columns ( http://www.archboston.org/community/showpost.php?p=76867&postcount=621 ) The atrium will be open, up to the eight floor. It has a huge canopy that will eventually go on the congress st side. we are erecting the rest of the atrium now and after that is done the rest of the building sits on top of the atrium. All of the missing steel ties in to that.

I'll post some pictures soon.

The steel has not been erected on the west side because we are erecting the red steel for the atrium first. Boston02124 posted a pic of one of the tree columns ( http://www.archboston.org/community/showpost.php?p=76867&postcount=621 ) The atrium will be open, up to the eight floor. It has a huge canopy that will eventually go on the congress st side. we are erecting the rest of the atrium now and after that is done the rest of the building sits on top of the atrium. All of the missing steel ties in to that.

I'll post some pictures soon.
Thanks M80 for the clarification on this. Boston02124 did indeed post a pic of one of the red steel columns. Thanks again.

may 20th

views from the 18th floor

ir3vr7.jpg

68sgoo.jpg

ibzwxt.jpg

dx1lk4.jpg

atrium steel

34jc4r5.jpg

What is the difference between the red steel and the regular brown structural steel?

Are there any renderings of the atrium?

What is the difference between the red steel and the regular brown structural steel?

The red steel is painted red and will be exposed. It is mostly tube steel, rather than I-beams.

There is more going on on the rooftop in that first photo than on the Greenway.

Thanks for the shots M80. What is that exposed red steel structure going to be?

Thanks for the shots M80. What is that exposed red steel structure going to be?

Here is the answer:

Thanks Lrfox! That's going to be a pretty cool structural element in the little atrium between buildings.

pics taken by Gig Harmon on flickr ... and I recommend checking out his photostream, he has a lot more construction shots posted there as well as some other interesting pictures taken from around the city.

3556072908_fbc86b510f_b.jpg

3556072376_bd34ffa3c6_b.jpg

Back