Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Russia Wharf

^most of the newer tower's were 1st proposed in the 80's built in the 90's not much(tall)since. Today from the front
026-19.jpg
025-11.jpg
I was hopng the corner that protrude's from the right would be clad in something different,instead it just blends in with the front

I absolutely love this tower. The block looks great, its got everything...height, density, and variety.

One thing I like about Russia Wharf is that it will block the view of 99 High St (Keystone Building) when looking at the city from the water. I really dislike that building. The Travetine facade looks like shit and the "bay windows" evoked by the rippling exterior is a poor attempt at being contextual to Boston.

Keep in mind I'm not an architect, that's just my opinion . . . .

It did block my view(I'm in 99 high st) but I also have a front row seat to the construction!
038-7.jpg

today,
009-17.jpg
I don't know what I'm going to do once this building is done,I'll have no big projects to photograph from every freakin angle lol!

What brought you to my side of the tunnel?

work,offered to drive a co-worker from N.C. to the airport as I was already going into Boston,but most times I'm there (East Boston/Logan)is to go to Logan Stamp/Massport

I work at 1 Lincoln and I love the veiw from outside the front door.....The Federal Reserve, Russia Wharf and the Intercontinental in succession, with Rowes Wharf in the background. Lots of variety is styles, height, and its very (wait for it).........Manhattanish. Love it!

One thing I like about Russia Wharf is that it will block the view of 99 High St (Keystone Building) when looking at the city from the water. I really dislike that building. The Travetine facade looks like shit and the "bay windows" evoked by the rippling exterior is a poor attempt at being contextual to Boston.

Keep in mind I'm not an architect, that's just my opinion . . . .

This has been one of the high points of this project for me. I really really dislike that building and want it hidden from my view, not to mention visitors views. That is one of my least favorite prominent buildings in this city.

You might notice that the false work on the wharf side of the building has started coming down.

^ I drove by it today
044-7.jpg
but it was foggy and the traffic was moveing so I could'nt get a good pix which,happens a lot. Also today from Harrison ave
008-20.jpg

haha if you stare at the IC glass long enough you get naceous. This tower is really exciting though. I love how the construction reflects so much into the IC that you'd think the IC is still underconstruction.

today @ the beach
003-20.jpg
004-21.jpg
007-18.jpg
005-18.jpg
002-13.jpg
010-21.jpg
I believe the core is at 28 stories?

20 years ago you only see rats and trash on that beach!

Also, 99 High Street (the honeycomb building) suddenly is sprouting green glass sections, mixed in with the old brown. I didn't have a camera - but it's interesting right now as the mix seems sort of haphazard - it's not being done floor-by-floor but empty office-by-empty office.
I finally saw what you mean weird! looks like they're doing the skin over too?

031-15.jpg
030-18.jpg

Back