Avalon Exeter | 77 Exeter Street | Back Bay

That's awesome! I had way too much fun zooming. Thanks for sharing!

It looks like the window washing jig has (finally) been lowered.

That massive picture had the potential to waste my entire evening. It has several major projects in sight. I was able to catch myself and walk away from my computer.

14429092590_e5f878461e_b.jpg

14429359777_7b3373e138_b.jpg

14429125488_4441b26840_b.jpg

14429124778_c3c057f172_b.jpg

14592720016_28a8895f54_b.jpg

That asphalt is just a temporary surface for that sidewalk, right?

God I hope so. But normally you wouldn't put the curb in until you were ready for permanent sidewalk. Maybe the city asked them to maintain a permanent curb line there during construction?

God I hope so. But normally you wouldn't put the curb in until you were ready for permanent sidewalk. Maybe the city asked them to maintain a permanent curb line there during construction?

I've seen this done quite a lot. The asphalt acts as a place saver for the pavers and covers the concrete underlayment; then it's torn up and the pavers are installed according to the edge of the curbing.

I needed another day to be sure, but they upgraded the night lighting on this. At least on the west facing side, there are long, LED strips running up the finials, and it looks great.

I don't have a picture, but I'm going to get one tomorrow night if it's the last thing I do.

This looks great at night. Pardon the quality- I'm stuck on my phone right now

Thanks for that great pic of the top lighting. Someone is using their creative talents. Would love to see a lot more buildings doing this. Would be fantastic if it became competitive.

Thanks for that great pic of the top lighting. Someone is using their creative talents. Would love to see a lot more buildings doing this. Would be fantastic if it became competitive.

I couldn't agree more. We have a lot of potential to increase our nighttime presence.

I wonder if Mayor Walsh would be open to pushing for a program encouraging creative lighting. It would certainly match up well with his focus on arts around the city.

Fits great into the back bay and looks good at night. The only qualm I have is not a part of the building itself, but I think the sidewalk should not have been paved. Also I believe it should have had a few trees planted along it. Luckily both of those issues can easily be fixed at a later date. Other than that great addition.

Hope that was sarcasm, pretty sure shadows from trees less than 15ft from a 300 ft plus high rise wont be much of a problem. Id take shadows from a tree over a plain asphalt boringness any day though. But either way this is a huge win for the city and a great development.

Last edited:

Back