Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

Soon by attrition to be the tallest cranes in Boston for some time to come

It amazes me that they say this one "topped out" over a month ago, yet it still goes up and up and up! Every extra push skyward definitely makes a huge difference at this point. I think what confuses me the most is that the "top out" beam doesn't even seem to be at 415' if the very top (still TBD) is 449'. At least, it's debatable. Maybe it really is that high.

Had to drop my folks at the airport this morning, and when I turned around on 1a before the tunnel the city looked HUGE. This and MT make an absolutely enormous impact from there, and the new one on the East Boston waterfront also stands out. I'm looking forward to getting a similar skyline impact this year in Back Bay/Fenway with CSC and The Pierce. Hopefully this is just the beginning of the biggest boom we have ever seen up here.

The "top out" beam was way to low it was only one floor above the angled setback and the renderings all show there to be three floors above the angled setback. I think they are finally actually building the mechanical screen now because the steel has gotten a lot thinner like it seems is used for mechanical screens most times.

I think this boom will shape up to be ridiculously huge. Work hasn't even begun on the Government center project, I think someone said they could see Copley prep from the pike so that may show in a bit and there are many other projects still in earlier stages of proposals this could be a big few years.

The "top out" beam was way to low it was only one floor above the angled setback and the renderings all show there to be three floors above the angled setback. I think they are finally actually building the mechanical screen now because the steel has gotten a lot thinner like it seems is used for mechanical screens most times.

I think this boom will shape up to be ridiculously huge. Work hasn't even begun on the Government center project, I think someone said they could see Copley prep from the pike so that may show in a bit and there are many other projects still in earlier stages of proposals this could be a big few years.

However, we are in for a few months of no really Tall Cranes -- after the last of the NStation cranes departs the next tallest is 20 floors shorter

It amazes me that they say this one "topped out" over a month ago, yet it still goes up and up and up! Every extra push skyward definitely makes a huge difference at this point. I think what confuses me the most is that the "top out" beam doesn't even seem to be at 415' if the very top (still TBD) is 449'. At least, it's debatable. Maybe it really is that high.

Had to drop my folks at the airport this morning, and when I turned around on 1a before the tunnel the city looked HUGE. This and MT make an absolutely enormous impact from there, and the new one on the East Boston waterfront also stands out. I'm looking forward to getting a similar skyline impact this year in Back Bay/Fenway with CSC and The Pierce. Hopefully this is just the beginning of the biggest boom we have ever seen up here.

The city will look even Bigger for the millions of people commuting from Logan once Govt Center, Garden Garage, Td Garden towers, One Dalton, and more of the seaport are done in the near future. I cant wait, its really going to be something to see. Then if we can get the focal point Winthrop Garage along with some height in South Bay and in 20 years SST it will be insane.

The city will look even Bigger for the millions of people commuting from Logan once Govt Center, Garden Garage, Td Garden towers, One Dalton, and more of the seaport are done in the near future. I cant wait, its really going to be something to see. Then if we can get the focal point Winthrop Garage along with some height in South Bay and in 20 years SST it will be insane.

Just keep your fingers crossed that the bottom doesn't drop out like in '09.

My main expectations include:
2016 (this year):
CSC 700'+
Pierce ~365'

2017:
Copley Tower 626'
Congress St Residential 547'
North Station Residential 495' (Boooooo!!!!! Hisssssss!!!!!!!)

2018-2019:
North Station Office 486' currently
1 Bromfield ~700'
Winthrop Square ~750'
Congress Street Office Tower ~620'
Garden Garage Tower ~460'

Pretty good haul as long as things keep chugging along.

Last edited:
Stumbled across this today while looking for something else. Not a very high quality rendering but one I have not seen before none the less.

NashuaST-View-from-93-South.jpg

http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/news-calendar/news-updates/2015/12/07/avalon-north-station-tops-off

Beautiful, my favorite rendering of this building. I didn't realize that one side would be all glass. Also like the balconies which show the residential aspect of this building.

If this rendering holds true this will have much more glass than I anticipated which is going to do wonders considering the rest of it is the usual go-to Boston white precast. We all know that the "front" of the building will have a pretty substantial amount of glass and if they also do this on the backside it will turn out pretty good.

Edit: Judging by this post it seems to be following suit.

Beautiful, my favorite rendering of this building. I didn't realize that one side would be all glass. Also like the balconies which show the residential aspect of this building.

We have different opinions of beautiful for sure. Its alright, maybe

We have different opinions of beautiful for sure. Its alright, maybe

I hear what you're saying, I do love how the building looks in the rendering. However, I know how the real thing can look so different for the rendering. I haven't seen the building in real life, just from the pics here. How's she looking thus far as seen from the street? I do wonder about the color of the precast, hopefully it's not as white as Waterside Place in the Seaport.

Shepard -- what I'd like to see is the same view with the BP development work in front of the TD Garden completed and they might as well throw in "Basketball City II" or whatever its currently called

Shepard -- what I'd like to see is the same view with the BP development work in front of the TD Garden completed and they might as well throw in "Basketball City II" or whatever its currently called

I made an absolutely garbage rendering with paint lol. The towers are angled all wrong but I have limited perspectives to work with. Whatever its good enough.

Last edited:
Stick -- Bravo -- that's the first of that type of a iconic view from the north that I've seen anywhere

Back