Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

Stick -- Bravo -- that's the first of that type of a iconic view from the north that I've seen anywhere

Thanks. This is one of the originals showing the correct perspectives, but lacking the garden garage tower. This rendering includes the North Station tower-to stay on topic.

17102-63271.png

http://skyrisecities.com/database/projects/boston-garden

Last edited:
I made an absolutely garbage rendering with paint lol. The towers are angled all wrong but I have limited perspectives to work with. Whatever its good enough.

The Garden residential tower (2nd from left) really needs 10 more floors so we aren't left with a wall of same-height buildings blocking off the rest of the skyline/cityscape. It's embarrassing that this will be the Northern gateway into our great city. That complex looks like something that belongs in Charlotte or Nashville. Way too underwhelming for its location. Pisses me off every time I see it, and every time I think about it.

On another note, nice job putting together this render.

The Garden residential tower (2nd from left) really needs 10 more floors so we aren't left with a wall of same-height buildings blocking off the rest of the skyline/cityscape. It's embarrassing that this will be the Northern gateway into our great city. That complex looks like something that belongs in Charlotte or Nashville. Way too underwhelming for its location. Pisses me off every time I see it, and every time I think about it.

Couldn't agree more. Why can't we give these buildings some personality? Make them come to a point or have a small spire or neat angle at the top or something?

And yes, PLEASE give some height variation.

This tower should have been a golden hue with black windows to indicate exactly where it is located

DZH22 -- don't forget that while subtending a smallish angle from this direction and distance that there will be an understory composed of the tops of the Congress St. Garage development

It's embarrassing that this will be the Northern gateway into our great city.

You don't have the full picture unless you include Lovejoy (unless you're talking about the view from the Fells instead of the view from the Zakim). And lovejoy redeems it significantly, IMO

You don't have the full picture unless you include Lovejoy (unless you're talking about the view from the Fells instead of the view from the Zakim). And lovejoy redeems it significantly, IMO

CCSTH -- that is a good point from the closeness of the bridge the Lovejoy complex will be huge

Not to mention after Lovejoy is done the Merano will add the finishing piece for the Zakim view of the city.

Lovejoy will be less than half the height of these 4 towers. It will have essentially zero visual impact except for the last 5 seconds before entering the tunnel.

Dude, chiiiiiiiiiiiiill. Everything's gonna be 'aight.

Amazing how much this one has grown since "topping out" over a month ago. I kept thinking it was done and then noticing another steel beam extending skyward. Looks like this is the final push. From 1/15

From 1/17 Part 1 of 2

In the below pic, note the forked radio mast just to the right of the construction. It's one of the Newton/Needham towers, over 1200'. One of 4 towers in that area that would completely dominate Boston, including the tallest freestanding structure in New England! (not shown)

This building is impressively prominent. Way more than I'd expected.

Wow, I didn't realise how much this dwarfs the buildings in East Cambridge. By all means, it's a natural height to step up into Boston. It's blowing my mind right now how much this view is going to change in the next 3-5 years. And I thought my view from 255 State Street was going to dramatically change...

Great shots, DZ. I really like the impact this one has had on the skyline. I saw it from Hull the other day and was surprised by how tall it looked.

here's a nice pic from flickr i ran across taken a couple days ago

Winter in Boston by Alvaro Blue, on Flickr

Back