Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

ive come to hate this building.. way, way, way too white. it looks horrid from afar. will hopefully fade more into the background when all the other stuff on here comes online...

It is unfortunately reminiscent of the original Charles River Park apartment towers.

Soviet, anyone?

ive come to hate this building.. way, way, way too white. it looks horrid from afar. will hopefully fade more into the background when all the other stuff on here comes online...

Agreed, FK. White doesn't work that well in Boston. This ain't Miami. At least most of the other buildings aren't going that way and hopefully your point about it eventually fading into the background proves true.

BeeLine, great shots as always! I can't wait to see this view from East Boston (I'm guessing) looking towards the North and West Ends.

Thanks! Shot from Lopresti Park E Boston. This park is being reconfigured and is turning out quiet nice.

Agreed, FK. White doesn't work that well in Boston. This ain't Miami. At least most of the other buildings aren't going that way and hopefully your point about it eventually fading into the background proves true.

Well we already have a couple of dark tombstone towers and the pink torpedo of International Place... Guess it was time for white.

I wouldn't like this as much as I do if it were shorter. I'm not too bothered by the facade simply because this building is freaking tall. It's not shy about being tall either. There are no visual trickery measures to make it appear shorter. I look forward to the cluster of towers that will rise around it soon.

Do we know what's going here with this bracing? I don't think I've seen any renders from this angle (west side of the Garden).

g5K1AcO.jpg

Do we know what's going here with this bracing? I don't think I've seen any renders from this angle (west side of the Garden).

g5K1AcO.jpg

JumboBuc -- those pieces are far to thin to be structural for anything except a piece of floor a piece of low roof, or some glass curtain wall

I'm guessing some curvy glass to interface the building to the TD Garden wall

This building just reminds me of how Boston is adding density the smart way and I appreciate the way we have been going about development lately. Yea we have a lost a couple of nice buildings in the process but not many at all. This city was essentially perfect already and we are mostly just filling in necessary holes/parking structures to add to what we have already without erasing what makes this city special.

Almost everybody that comes to visit really emphasis that we have something really unique and special to America. Really makes me happy to see this. Many cities are tearing down their old fabric to add density that really diminishes the overall quality of the city in a way. This city is really special in a country filled with really amazing cities. Almost all of the recent development has been respectful of this fact. I really believe this is the greatest city in America and it had a few holes in the wonderful fabric we have and we are slowly tying them together. The pike is the last major scar through this great city and eventually that will be tied in.

I cant even imagine the ground level experience of this city in 10 years. It is already on another level but when those pieces are filled mixing the old with the new it is going to really be special. We cant all agree on what looks good or what doesn't but I think the overall effect is a huge net gain for the city. I really enjoy watching 30 years of necessary development come to us in the last 10, and theres a few developments in the pipeline that are about to really take us to the next level. I love this city and watching it grow before my eyes. Im very excited to see in 10 years we have come and think back to when I was a kid and Boston was really an ugly grimy city. Especially around the area this building is in now. It was almost embarrassing. We had the pieces but they were not being utilized. I think that cleaning up the harbor and sinking the pike were well worth it and will pay dividends for the rest of the life of Boston. I am a Marine veteran and I have been all over the world and this country. I have never been to a place that makes me feel this like city does and that is why I chose to move back and live here the rest of my life. Cheers.

Not sure if this will get covered up by the garden development but if it doesn't that should be a big video board

Not sure if this will get covered up by the garden development but if it doesn't that should be a big video board

Suffolk -- If you mean right there in the alley -- not sure that is such a good location as the solid angle to see it from a distance is very small

However -- Yes there definitely needs to be state-of-the-art video technology on the exterior somewhere in the vicinity of the new Garden

This is turning out better than I thought it would. I never thought it was going to be bad but its definitely turning out better than I figured. The light blue glass really lightens it up and meshes well with the white precast.

Back