Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

This is turning out better than I thought it would. I never thought it was going to be bad but its definitely turning out better than I figured. The light blue glass really lightens it up and meshes well with the white precast.

I agree but more because I like the massing... It breaks it up and makes it interesting. It's worth noting that the most recent batch of pics show the building in shade, which reduces the whiteness of it. Blue glass or no, it really is too white.

I feel like people are never happy with a buildings facade when it uses this type of precast. It seems like people either say it is "too white, what is this Miami", it is "too tan and that looks blah", or "it is too grey or dark and we need more light because Boston can be dreary".

I just feel as though sometimes people need to be more open to new ideas. I personally like the white precast on this and I think it looks pretty good, especially in the sunlight.

I feel like people are never happy with a buildings facade when it uses this type of precast. It seems like people either say it is "too white, what is this Miami", it is "too tan and that looks blah", or "it is too grey or dark and we need more light because Boston can be dreary".

I just feel as though sometimes people need to be more open to new ideas. I personally like the white precast on this and I think it looks pretty good, especially in the sunlight.

CityLover -- Exactly -- I think much of the opposition comes from the notion that its "precast" and hence not worthy

Counter argument -- Modern Precast is a new building surface technology -- not saying that bricks won't have a role in the future -- but, cost, speed of installation, etc., all speak in its favor

As to the while color -- rather than Miami, think Washington DC -- throw a little blue on the Lincoln's shed -- its too white

I'll never be a fan of that parking podium, but definitely raising the bar in this corner of the skyline.

DZH's latest batch of photos from Mem Drive really highlight the need for some stellar architecture - not to be confused with Starchitecture - to replace or outshine these crappy boxes on the river front...

omg. Just imagine when the GG tower across the street rises 35 feet higher! :cool:

Allan/Tosh33

Thats going to be a nice little cluster when the garden garage and td towers go up.

Once again we are bereft of the rare high species of Crane -- nothing with a perch above 100 m

It may be this time next year before another of that species nests here abouts :(

Back