AvalonBay Tower (Jacob Wirth's) | 45 Stuart Street | Downtown

Re: Jacob Wirth's

From UMASS-Boston, this three block area of buildings is really starting to look dense.

I was walking up Beach Street in Chinatown yesterday, toward the Kensington, right before the intersection with Harrison Ave.

Between the two Millennium Place towers, Archstone, and the Kensington, the area is developing something of a nice look. It almost reminded me a little of some of the stuff I saw sprouting up in Toronto last month.

45 Stuart should add to it.

Seeing the Kensington from this angle is the first time I sort of kind think that I actually might possibly like the building. As others have said, once the "Jacob Wirth" building is finished, coupled with the W, the Kensington, Hayward Place, etc., there will be a nice mix of old and new in the area.

9002023549_dc8a0c18c5_b.jpg

9003190110_1f23946f8a_b.jpg

Walked by this site yesterday. Total sludge pit lol. Probably a combination of high water table and recent wet weather. Workers walking around in hip waders.

What's curious about this project so far is that it's been very hard to keep track of what they have accomplished so far. A few weeks ago, I would have told you there were foundations poured with rebar coming out of the ground. Yesterday, said foundations and rebar were nowhere to be found.

FWIW, BRA website doesn't even list this as under construction yet, and the architect, CBT, makes no mention of the project on their Website.

I think that's the attendant station.

I think that's the attendant station.

Yeah, there's one in the center of the frame, but there looks to be something else between the parking sign and the green dumpster on the left.

The city issued the building permit for the full 30-story building today. Previously, they had only been working with a foundation permit.

Great news! Although I am still not clear what this building is going to look like.

Great news! Although I am still not clear what this building is going to look like.

Well the good news is the permit for structural steel was issued today, so at the very least we should have a steel frame to help us with our guesswork.

Back