AvalonBay Tower (Jacob Wirth's) | 45 Stuart Street | Downtown

^ Excellent point. Let's hope they follow their track record here.

As to DZH's question, I agree that's it's been hard to tell if there's been any growth here since the accident. But give it another week or two and there should be no question that this thing is on the move once again.

^ Excellent point. Let's hope they follow their track record here.

As to DZH's question, I agree that's it's been hard to tell if there's been any growth here since the accident. But give it another week or two and there should be no question that this thing is on the move once again.

The accident occurred on the 12th floor. Judging by the last of BeeLine's pics, the building is now on the 16th floor. It is also clear that vertical struts for floors 17 and 18 are being installed. The core has also topped out since the accident.

Very cool view of this project if you make the left hand turn onto Kneeland Street from the Pike ramp onto Atlantic Ave.

14150661616_cfc00b9214_b.jpg
I watched 10 of those buildings being built / steel starting to show on the skyline

02124 just made me remember the fact that buildings like the Archstone & W are both really new too. It feels like they've been there forever...probably just because of the high level of other things going up in the neighborhood.

yes ,when I moved here in 85 the downtown skyline ended with one Financial center then pic up again with the old Hancock and the old LM building in the Back Bay nice to see the gap being filled!

for sure...let's hope the quality of future projects are less like Kensington and more like Millennium though!

I moved to the Boston area in '87 from Nebraska, and I also remember many of these buildings under construction. I think the Philip Johnson & Robert Stern pair of buildings were under construction at the time I moved here. I know the old Orange Line shut down that summer. Anyway, Boston today looks infinitely better and more urban IMHO than compared to the mid to late '80s. My huge disappointments are Kensington & Park Lane Seaport. There are quite a few other disappointments, but none detract from the urban fabric & architectural integrity as much as those two.

Let me add to that. Park Lane Seaport is actually OK for its urban qualities with extensive ground floor retail and restaurants. The architecture is what offends me so much, and the fact you can really see this from boats in the harbor. It just looks like a 70's Soviet Block to me. (....and I can say that since I've been to Russia.)

Great that it's breaking the existing Chinatown plateau a bit.

Boston really loves to create plateaus and then just barely break those plateaus.

Back