AvalonBay Tower (Jacob Wirth's) | 45 Stuart Street | Downtown

I didn't know this project was going to have an Apple store fronting the street.

Would've been nice if that glass and grey panel front was recessed instead of protruding from the surrounding buildings.

Is the Jacob Wirth's sign being crooked part of its historical value? I find it really annoying.

This is a building designed by three different architects, who were not on speaking terms.

The architect for the entrance possibly has an eating disorder; 'starved classicism' compared to this looks positively gluttonous.

Also disappointed that the front doesn't line up with the rest of the block

A couple images from Sunday 3 May:

From the Public Garden:
picture.php

Front entrance on Stuart Street with the new sign:
picture.php

I was hoping you got a night shot 02124. I kinda like the night presence it has, its neon purple and the water wall was an orange color: it fits the neighborhood and adds to the chinatown/red light vibe nicely. It'd be nice if there were something activating the ground floor but I will settle with what it is.

Im no good at taking nite pics but am very exited that some of these new building are being lit up at nite

I was hoping you got a night shot 02124. I kinda like the night presence it has, its neon purple and the water wall was an orange color: it fits the neighborhood and adds to the chinatown/red light vibe nicely.

What's the water wall?

There's a wall in the lobby that has a water feature. The water cascades down the face of it, a la 111 huntington, Its lit as well so the water reflects an orange color, or at least it did the other night

Back