AvalonBay Tower (Jacob Wirth's) | 45 Stuart Street | Downtown

Re: Jacob Wirth's

Can we get some fuckin height somewhere in this city? So many other cities around the world are making me feel emasculated

Even the BRA is frustrated about the height issue. The developers are genuinely afraid to push the NIMBY's. I was at a public meeting for 45 Stuart when the height was presented to the public, and off-line the BRA official just did a flat hand wave over the model with the W Hotel, 45 Stuart, Kensington and Archstone, and shook his head. I believe he said something like "It's like a buzz cut."

Avalon Bay was encouraged to ask for more, but they did not want to risk it.

Unfortunately, developers need to play the game with the NIMBYs. If they want 50 stories, propose 65. If they want 40, propose 50. Then the NIMBYs can all pat themselves on their backs when there is a large reduction in the size of the building as it was originally proposed.

Two more failry significant signs pointing toward a start of contruction.

I direct-tweeted Laz's Twitter account on Friday, asking about the lot being closed and received this message.

LAZ Parking ‏@LAZParkingBOS
@jdrinboston the 45 Stuart St lot is officially closed. If you are looking for parking nearby, we run the Archstone Garage at 660 Washington

Also, if you look the property up on the Suffolk Registry of Deeds Website, it shows that Avalon filed a termination agreement prohibiting the adjacent restaurants from using the property for rubbish and grease collection disposal. They have also filed licenses from the city to install new sidewalks and street lighting on LaGrange Street and to hang banners on the new building on both LaGrange and Stuart streets.

jdr good find. I hope the 30 day prediction is correct!

I caught that tweet about 20 minutes after I posted by question. lol But thanks for the heads up.

Is this ugly fucker really starting up in 1 month?

How is the food at Jacob Wirth's? (As in, how does it compare to other areas of the country that have a significant german population... or germany) I get a hankering for some schnitzel every once and a while and its really the only place around, but its singularity and touristy feel have turned me off from trying it thusofar.

How is the food at Jacob Wirth's? (As in, how does it compare to other areas of the country that have a significant german population... or germany) I get a hankering for some schnitzel every once and a while and its really the only place around, but its singularity and touristy feel have turned me off from trying it thusofar.

I got a sausage plate there a couple years that was pretty good (IIRC). Also, it had a GREAT beer list when I went there.

This machine was shifting dirt this morning. Sorry for crappy cell phone pic.

Wirths_zpsa6b3039a.png

I got a sausage plate there a couple years that was pretty good (IIRC). Also, it had a GREAT beer list when I went there.

I second the beer list. Particularly if you like German/Euro beers. Food is good too, although I'm not exactly a foodie.

It isn't the Student Prince in Springfield, but the food is ok. The house beer used to be brewed in Pennsylvania by one of the larger brewers.

I think it has slipped over the years, but I am old so I think all standards have slipped.

Not only is this another FAT STUMP, but in a + shape making it even fatter ........... What the hell is wrong with Boston?

Believe it or not, I've actually never eaten there. I've been craving Schnitzel ever since I got back though, so I've been meaning to try it soon. ;-)

Back