Back Bay Garage Tower | Dartmouth and Stuart | Back Bay

So the towers at North Station are uninspired, but this quite inspired (and internationally-awarded) building is "junk"?

Eye of the beholder, I guess.

The Seattle Library has been a boon to the surrounding neighborhood. Not saying that the Back Bay needs any help, but something like it can't hurt.

I, for one, am fond of OMA's design.

The Seattle Library has been a boon to the surrounding neighborhood. Not saying that the Back Bay needs any help, but something like it can't hurt.

I, for one, am fond of OMA's design.

I want to see what they do with the station and ground level. That's the big deal, and BP's proposal at North Station is great in that regard.

The 1,000' tower was never really proposed by anyone, we just got unreasonably excited about it. I'm not inclined to compare a real proposal unfavorably to a fantasy.

Also, the Back Bay kind of has a library... :)

I want to see what they do with the station and ground level. That's the big deal, and BP's proposal at North Station is great in that regard.

Also, the Back Bay kind of has a library... :)

True, true! I meant from a design perspective. The amenity already exists, after all.

I'm encouraged by BP's street level treatment with North Station, so I hope and expect the same here.

Right by Hancock, Trinity Church, and Boston Public Library? Yes, this would stand out like a sore thumb. It's not very good.

One could have said the same thing about the Hancock 40ish years ago...

the tallest building looks to be around 29 -33 stories 2 floors of shopping above station 25 story library look alike (stacked cubes) and 25 story residential tower cant wait to see all ur reactions!

the tallest building looks to be around 29 -33 stories 2 floors of shopping above station 25 story library look alike (stacked cubes) and 25 story residential tower cant wait to see all ur reactions!

Where and when did this meeting occur? How were you involved? Curious because I didn't see anything advertised or mentioned this morning.

2 boxes one rip off of the Seattle library was told they'll be made public after two pm today killing me not to post but I've gotten in trouble before

So im gonna be a blind optimist here and guess that since you said two boxes everybody is over reacting so far. Id imagine this means its going to be a box with cladding like this.

Seattle_Public_Library_window_washers_01.jpg

Which could look good.

edit: Nvm just saw the post a few above mine and sounds like its going to actually be pretty crazy. Well find out.

Right by Hancock, Trinity Church, and Boston Public Library? Yes, this would stand out like a sore thumb. It's not very good.

It looks like a shiny chicken coop mixed with a faceless government intelligence agency's office.

the skin is not the same just the way the boxes are layered, maybe the library wasn't a good comparison :/

I quite like the fact that these will be the height they are. Looking forward to seeing the renderings.

Maybe the bottom 1/3 of this...

80%20South%20Street2.jpg

...mashed up with the diagonal bracing here????

250px-Hearstowernyc.JPG

They're doing so much cool and stupid +700' (in NYC) it shatters my small brain.

There's also an ultra super crazy tower in lower Manhattan.

These are the same people with the uninspired towers at North Station. They are single-handedly stunting Boston's potential more than anybody since Menino. This is one of those spots where height should be encouraged, just like at North Station. Also, just looked it up, and the Seattle library looks like junk.

^You are absolutely correct. I'm going out on a limb here, and this may sound a bit crazy, but it's almost like a conspiracy of sorts. They want to keep their 200 Clarendon/JHT the preeminent office tower on the skyline, so nothing iconic anywhere else.......I'll reserve judgment until I see the renders, but if it's junk, I plan on being at every meeting to oppose it... a NIMBY, but for different reasons..... Being Boston's second largest taxpayer sure gives them a lot of power to build whatever they want.

Back