Battery Wharf | North End | Waterfront

this is an absolultely beautiful project....just finish it soon!!!

It looks like the mock-up might be real stone! Under the window is what looks like grey granite. Its the beige material that I have a hard time figuring out what it is. This project looks great!

Thanks kz, I'm loving all your pics and updates. Battery Wharf looks good, can't wait to see it finished.

5/15. I'm falling behind on getting pics up..d'oh well!

img0342ra9.jpg

img0346mj7.jpg

img0345xq8.jpg

img0347uq8.jpg

img0349bk9.jpg

This reminds me of a number a nice developments I saw in San Francisco. They were about this height, condos or apartments, and had a nice little tree lined pedestrian way down the middle. It was also next to the (newish) light rail line. Where is light rail here?!

vanshnookenraggen said:
Where is light rail here?!
Should be on Atlantic Avenue on its way to the Constitution and the Navy Yard.

In the other direction it should be on the Greenway, which should be renamed "Atlantic Avenue."

We just renamed Charles River Park to "West End", and we should rename Government Center to "Scollay Square" as well.

Light rail can emulate San Francisco's F-Line: PCC's and other old rolling stock.

light rail on atlantic ave would be perfect. Not to mention, the much desired N/S rail connection.

Wow, looking great!
And my uncle's company, LYMO is doing a lot of the roof and side work. They insert these specials panels on the buildings for framework and whatnot, can't really explain it. Anyways from what he said, it sounds like Battery Wharf could be done by August so that is some good news!
Here is the link to his company's website if anyone is interested...
He has worked on a lot buildings in and around Boston.

http://www.lymoconstruction.com/

Based on the latest photos from May 21 (thanks kz1000ps!) there is absolutely no way Battery Wharf will be completed by August. There is the possibility that the work your uncle is doing will be completed by August/September, but they can't get that much work done in only a couple months.

Woops sorry, didn't mean to say Battery Wharf! Lol Ya your right I meant to say that my uncles part in it would be done by then :oops:

Battery Wharf June 3. Open for Occupancy November 2007 said a condo ad in the Globe. I assume the hotel won't be ready then.

P1020093.jpg

P1020092.jpg

P1020091.jpg

P1020084.jpg

P1020083.jpg

6/26:

img5641gg8.jpg

img5636xn0.jpg

img5637vd7.jpg

img5638ih4.jpg

img5639wf5.jpg

img5640lp2.jpg

This building is turning out great. Kudos to The Architectural Team, of Chelsea -- although their work is squarely set in the "contextual" realm, it's almost always quality stuff.

Their work includes:
Holmes Building (south corner, Central Sq)
The Metropolitan
Suffolk Cnstruction headquarters (Roxbury)
West End Place
Armory Park residences (Beacon St, Brookline)
Landmark Square (Queensbury St, behind 1330 Boylston)

and projects in the works:
Kensington Place
Longwood Towers renovations
Lovejoy Wharf

ablarc said:
vanshnookenraggen said:
Where is light rail here?!
Should be on Atlantic Avenue on its way to the Constitution and the Navy Yard.

In the other direction it should be on the Greenway, which should be renamed "Atlantic Avenue."

We just renamed Charles River Park to "West End", and we should rename Government Center to "Scollay Square" as well.

Light rail can emulate San Francisco's F-Line: PCC's and other old rolling stock.

I really like that idea...

I mean, of course the light rail is a great idea, but renaming the Greenway to Atlantic Avenue seems like an awesome idea to me. The thing that bothers me is that the name and the pomp and circumstance surrounding it tries to make it seem like it's something really special and unique, and it's really turning out not to be. If it was just thought of as an avenue, with a nice, though not spectacular, park in the middle, it would seem acceptable to me (assuming that we couldn't change it to allow buildings or better parks or anything").

DudeUrSistersHot said:
renaming the Greenway to Atlantic Avenue seems like an awesome idea to me

Except that for several blocks north of Christopher Columbus Park, Atlantic Avenue already exists in a different place from the Greenway. This is true again south of Dewey Square.

Back