8367181286_677a9d45d9_b.jpg

8366114129_60759bc02f_b.jpg

8366113633_d082e91151_b.jpg

8367179014_bb5fe5bc64_b.jpg

8367178368_467d90ef10_b.jpg

8367178268_60719e86c3_b.jpg

8367177126_9d7806a072_b.jpg

Dynamite shots kz!

This building has a nice impact from 93N just off the bridge as well as from the surrounding neighborhoods.

Great shots dude...that first one made me forget the highway is there...

Speaking of which, covering this parcel is in the (theoretical) pipeline right?

Perhaps this has already been asked and answered, but what are these purple-covered walls they've put up at the southern corner at ground level? I thought it was entirely curtain wall along Mass Ave.

Outside of BU, is there a taller building between this and Worcester? I love that this pushes the spine a little further. Combined with the Fenway projects taking place, this section of Boston is really pushing upwards in a good way.

Outside of BU, is there a taller building between this and Worcester? I love that this pushes the spine a little further. Combined with the Fenway projects taking place, this section of Boston is really pushing upwards in a good way.

Maybe in Lowell. Also, isn't there a taller tower in Jamaica Plain? I think the Tang Residence Hall in Cambridge might also be further west.

Outside of BU, is there a taller building between this and Worcester?

- Mass Art Dorm tower.
- Jamaicaway Tower in Jamaica Plain is 28 stories.
- The apartment towers near Alewife Station (402 Rindge Ave.) are 22 stories.
- New Balance' Brighton Landing project will possibly have a taller building.
- 1010 Memorial Drive looks to be about 20 stories and possibly taller.

So yes.

Also, at least a couple buildings at Longwood Medical Area, Mission Park Tower(s), and the Longwood Ave tower at the corner of Huntington.

Also Blackfan Tower in Longwood, which is the big glass one that dominates the area. Can't believe I forgot about Longwood...

Haha, touche. You're 100% right. I guess I should have been more clear. I don't consider Cambridge developments to be pushing the skyline in the same direction as the Back Bay -> Fenway -> Allston -> Brighton trajectory that is taking place. Nonetheless, this is part of that push that often gets lost when looking at the specifics of each project. Between this, Fenway Triangle, Fenway Center (hopefully), New Balance, and others, the skyline is being pushed westward at a pretty impressive pace. That's not even including recently completed apartment buildings along Boylston in Fenway.

The skyline pushing will also continue a bit with the new Northeastern IMP, whoch has a few 10-20 and one or two 20+ storey building plans if I remember correctly.

The Pike parcel mentioned above won't be covered over. The parcel to be covered is to the left of Brookline Ave when looking toward Kenmore Square. I don't any more than that one.

This I'll never get, why are the plywood panels so random when they install windows? I would imagine the window guys work in a linear fashion but this appears to contradict that. Or is it so they can get building supplies in through the holes?

Am I correct in assuming that they are covering the tower portion as protection from the elements?

This I'll never get, why are the plywood panels so random when they install windows? I would imagine the window guys work in a linear fashion but this appears to contradict that. Or is it so they can get building supplies in through the holes?

Broken glass happens randomly.

I always assumed so it was they could get in there without breaking the glass. Liberty Mutual has one.

The glass looks pretty nice so far, but do I detect some Kensington-esque glazed panels toward the bottom? Don't break my heart and go all cheap 50s modernism, Berklee Expansion.

Back