Best Completed Development Nominations

George_Apley

Not a Brahmin
Staff member
Reaction score
All members are encouraged to nominate a Boston area building development completed in 2020 that they believe is deserving of special recognition for its positive impact on the built environment.

Ok, I know this is an underdog, and may not even count, but what about the Omni Hotel south tower? I just really kind of love it.

1610821258484.png

photo by BeeLine

Also, this may be a controversial choice, but what about the Samuel Adams Tap Room at Quincy Market. Its a smartly designed, stoic little structure that gives the tourists exactly what they want. I wonder if it is surviving?

1610823652467.png

photo by Poolio

Ok, I know this is an underdog, and may not even count, but what about the Omni Hotel south tower? I just really kind of love it.

View attachment 9647
photo by BeeLine

Also, this may be a controversial choice, but what about the Samuel Adams Tap Room at Quincy Market. Its a smartly designed, stoic little structure that gives the tourists exactly what they want. I wonder if it is surviving?

View attachment 9653
photo by Poolio

I don't know if the Omni counts yet... it isn't completed (the hotel hasn't opened). FWIW, though, I'm a fan of it.

I know it was multi-phase, but if it actually finished in 2020 then I'd like to nominate Clippership Wharf.

Heh, yeah, to be clear I'm not officially nominating it. Just bringing it to people's attention. Not a big fan personally. But I recall there were pretty mixed reactions to this, and there might be enough interest out there to earn it a nomination... somewhere.

907 Main, Cambridge

1611591522281.png

For impact on the built environment, if not the tower's actual architecture, Market Central:

1611591824983.png

Hilton Garden Inn, Brookline:

1611591778492.png

I'm saddened to realize that the new King Open/Cambridge Street Upper School was completed in the fall of 2019 (and didn't receive any nominations last year!), and I assume is therefore ineligible for this year's nominations.

The first school in MA to produce net zero carbon emissions and the state’s largest net zero emissions municipal building. Beautiful fenestration and color palette.

Rawn_KingOpenSchool_31-scaled-e1578061215608-1400x910.jpg

I'm saddened to realize that the new King Open/Cambridge Street Upper School was completed in the fall of 2019 (and didn't receive any nominations last year!), and I assume is therefore ineligible for this year's nominations.

The first school in MA to produce net zero carbon emissions and the state’s largest net zero emissions municipal building. Beautiful fenestration and color palette.

Rawn_KingOpenSchool_31-scaled-e1578061215608-1400x910.jpg

This is a great project. And I really appreciate that it is intended to be a model for future Cambridge municipal buildings.

Back