BMC Ambulatory Building | East Concord & Albany Streets | South End

Re: BMC Ambulatory Building

^ What do you have against the yellow tubes? I'd say they, along with the power plant, are the best part of that whole mess of a complex.

Those yellow tubes do not look nearly as good in person as they do in that rendering. They should be removed.

You mean they're not semi-transparent? haha

This thing looks pretty...bleh...I'm interested to see how much they will cover those teal windows with terra cotta. I feel like it could look ok if they can do that well.

I used to think the Yellow Tubes were really secret tram tunnels used to shuttle scientists and doctors around their secret labs. I didn't really have the whole geographic comprehension thing at the time, so I could never really place what I saw on a map. So with all these disjointed memories of yellow sky tubes, I figured the scientists had a secret (well, sort of secret) network of passageways to zip them to different places throughout the entire city.

Oh, how interesting the world is at 8.

I thought the yellow tubes were temporary.

I used to think the Yellow Tubes were really secret tram tunnels used to shuttle scientists and doctors around their secret labs ... I figured the scientists had a secret (well, sort of secret) network of passageways to zip them to different places throughout the entire city.
The tubes are permanent and they contain hamsters.

Those are some big-assed hamsters. I'm glad they are contained!

That commercial has a lot more social commentary than I first noticed. Perhaps because I just liked the song. And the Soul bears a strange resemblance to a miniature Range Rover.

Why are 85% of car commercials inside a city? The other 15% are usually the "rugged dirt path desert/glacier scene for the super manly extra large pickup truck exploding over a snow bank"

I can't ever remember seeing a car commercial in the suburbs.

The principle of aspirational advertising. Few aspire to mediocrity (no matter the reality.)

Why are 85% of car commercials inside a city? The other 15% are usually the "rugged dirt path desert/glacier scene for the super manly extra large pickup truck exploding over a snow bank"

I can't ever remember seeing a car commercial in the suburbs.

This one showed the suburbs...as the alternative to the Soul. Ever notice the cities are always completely empty, and presumably, in the middle of the night?

This one showed the suburbs...as the alternative to the Soul. Ever notice the cities are always completely empty, and presumably, in the middle of the night?

Yeah, thats why I brought it up, because it reminded me how no other car commercial takes place where people do most of their driving. It's always cruising down 5th avenue or something.

And yes, the cities usually are empty, and the driver pays no attention when accelerating to 90mph from a red light. Traffic? of course not.

One reason surely is that you can only shut down streets to film commercials at times of day when there is little other traffic.

One reason surely is that you can only shut down streets to film commercials at times of day when there is little other traffic.

I have a feeling most of the commercials were filmed in some lot in California, but with green screens. So having an empty city is a choice.

With computer enhancement isn't anything an option?

yesterday
346.jpg
350.jpg
352.jpg
354.jpg
356.jpg
340.jpg
341.jpg
the back side
357-3.jpg

Last edited:

That yellow pipe really brings the building together.

Man.

Back