4353639154_fde405441f_b.jpg

Re: BMC Ambulatory Building

Today's drive-by!
088-1.jpg
090-1.jpg
099-1.jpg
100.jpg
102-2.jpg
Is there a thread for this next building seems to be new?
103-1.jpg

Am I the only one on here that actually likes this one? Terracotta and rainscreens can have a really nice effect when done right.

Am I the only one on here that actually likes this one? Terracotta and rainscreens can have a really nice effect when done right.

I don't hate it. It's just been done before, and nicer.

It's 601 Albany St, I thought this might be mentioned in the South End thread but I don't see it.

Deliciously retro. It reminds me of older academic buildings around UCONN. It doesn't try to be gimmicky or a shoebox. I really like everything about it. It's nice to see PoMo shelved for the sake of pure modernism.

They even used Alucobond and precast in a way that is pleasing to the eye.

It's 601 Albany St, I thought this might be mentioned in the South End thread but I don't see it.

Youre right. Looks like the lot across the street also got a major improvement in the past year.

Via google streetview time travel (I really hope they institutionalize this feature)

albany1.jpg

albany2.jpg

Across the street

albany3.jpg

albany4.jpg

I love how colorful the world became in the past 3 years

Can I play some foosball on that lawn ya think? Catch some ebola while I'm at it? Win Win in my book

Arborway said:
Deliciously retro. It reminds me of older academic buildings around UCONN.

Reminds me of the art deco/moderne blocks that line the Grand Concourse in the Bronx. As far as I can tell it's not bad, but I want to see it in person.

Jass, totally know what you mean about the color! It's always so depressing going backwards in time, or stumbling across an intersection that happens to be done with the new imaging. Is there a way to locate these places?

its the intersections that have the new imagery, the mid block areas do not though. Just play around with street view a little bit, almost all intersections in Boston have the "colorful" imagery :)

Jass, totally know what you mean about the color! It's always so depressing going backwards in time, or stumbling across an intersection that happens to be done with the new imaging. Is there a way to locate these places?

It appears that almost EVERY intersection in Boston has the new images, while the straight sections have the old ones.

Cambridge is all old.

^ A few intersections in Kendall are new...that's about it. In Boston proper, seems most of West Roxbury, Rozzie, Hyde Park, and Mattapan are old.

I agree they laid it on thick, but that principal facade is looking quite gossamer. Me likey.

Back