Boston done in Sim City 4!

Haha HAY U GUYZ I NEED $40 BUCKS TO MAKE FAKE-REAL CITIES!

But for realz, here's where it's at now. I can't get the Empire State Plaza to look how it should so I'll probably throw some landmarks in there tonight and call this one done.

0112i.png

And datadyne, since you were asking about how I go about creating these monsters, here's what things looked like at the beginning:

0100c.png

You forced me to do it...

Just did the $14 for SC4 Deluxe download. (Pissed that I lost Disc 2 from the box set. Ugh.)

A guy I work with who also loves SC4 got it for his phone and for literally 3 days came in and did nothing but play it at his desk. He did no work, just that. He came up to me on the 4th day and said he had to delete it from his phone because it was all he did, even at home. That is precisely why I don't play it anymore.

BETA E-MAILS FOR SC5 HAVE GONE OUT! CHECK YOURS!

Come be the new Mayor in SimCity! The SimCity Beta has begun and will continue until 12:01am PST on Monday, January 28th. The SimCity beta offers fans the chance to play a one hour slice of the game and to deliver feedback that will help shape the final product. Beta players can play the one-hour slice of the game multiple times during the beta period.

A guy I work with who also loves SC4 got it for his phone and for literally 3 days came in and did nothing but play it at his desk. He did no work, just that. He came up to me on the 4th day and said he had to delete it from his phone because it was all he did, even at home. That is precisely why I don't play it anymore.

Where do you work that someone can do this and not get fired and are there any openings there?

On the other hand, playing a game like this by tiny phone sounds like a pain in the ass. I always wished I could have like 18 regular monitors so I could see as much of my city as possible.

I work as a real estate agent so technically we do what we want. Technically.

I can't play tycoon games anymore for the same reason. I almost failed a semester after I got the Soaked! pack for RCT3, and forget about railroad ones...

All I let myself have now is google earth.

In my head I am LOL. My last application was for an $11,000 a month place on the UWS but it fell through (don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch) but I usually do $3000-$6000 a month places.

I work rentals mostly though I do have a couple sales clients and I'm shifting into commercial soon. I work the west side of Manhattan; Upper West down to Tribeca.

After reading online about Sim City 5, despite the awesome graphic and despite my inner self saying, buy it, it won't be as bad as they say, I've decided to not purchase Sim City 5 until they find someways to fix notable flaws in the game.

For example:
1) Regardless of whether or not you play multi-player or single-player, you must be online. Normally that isn't a problem but if your internet suddenly goes down and you haven't saved in a while, bye bye progress.

2) You're not able to save your city on your harddrive. All saves must be done online.

3) Already said before, the largest city tile is the size of the medium tile in Simcity 4.

4) There is no terraforming.

5) City tiles are not placed next to each other. Each city tile is separated by a gap of forest that is not editable. This is mainly an aesthetic problem when viewing from the over world but it doesn't look realistic if a large city is separated from the metropolis by forests.

6) I also read somewhere that connections to other cities are predetermined, i.e. the highways are already placed before you start.

7) Every map you create can be affected by changes made by other users online on their cities.

I'll wait until Simcity 6 or some expansion that can fix it. Otherwise, this looks like a dud and detracts from the original designs that many of us have come to love. Personally, I feel that Simcity 5 is going to kill the franchise as I predict the developers will believe that the cause of low sales is due to the lack of interest, not because of the flaws they created.

Really, highways are already placed? Rail too? That is really going to limit what you can build and where, I think. not to mention the midsize tile.

I somewhat understand it though, you always had to have a high end pc to run the game properly going back to the beginning of the franchise.

Really, highways are already placed? Rail too? That is really going to limit what you can build and where, I think. not to mention the midsize tile.

I somewhat understand it though, you always had to have a high end pc to run the game properly going back to the beginning of the franchise.

There are highways between cities, you can add more inside your tiny plot.

No subways.

Airports are shared between cities.

Apparently the SC5 team thinks this is a "successful city..."

Image submitted from the recent beta period:
819364_10151411530309866_1897650480_o.jpg

14 lanes of traffic.

I don't understand???

The roads to the sides aren't even one way 'feeders'. They're two way roads. And then there's the two way highway in the middle.

THIS IS WORSE THAN THE RFK GREENWAY.

It's got more people than the Greenway! All on one sidewalk though.

What made SC4 for me was the transportation addons that made the whole thing more realistic. I really hope they will allow a similar thing to be created for SC5.

I don't understand???

The roads to the sides aren't even one way 'feeders'. They're two way roads. And then there's the two way highway in the middle.

THIS IS WORSE THAN THE RFK GREENWAY.

There are no one way roads they took them out along with the highways and subways claiming the new simulator couldn't handle it... BS...

I'm getting the impression that the smallest road width available in SC5 is four lanes? WTF?

The above screenshot looks like Karl-Marx Allee in Berlin or like Avenida 9 de Julio in Buenos Aires.

Looks like they maintained one SimCity tradition though: the default architecture could only ever place these cities in California.

Back