Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

^ Well, there is a way you could check if it has been discussed already. Maybe just scan through the posts of the previous few hours, at least?

Sorry, this is such a pet peeve of mine...

One of the articles I read said that New Balance doesn't really stand to gain much financially by adding the celtics facility here and it wont be open to the public but they want to create an environment around their headquarters that is really anchored by the teams and their facilities to create a sports haven within the city. Along with the future sports complex there is going to be no question about what this part of Brighton means to the city. I thought it was interesting to hear that they are really moving the Celtics to tie together a vision which will pay off in other ways but not much from their facility itself.

A local metalworking company is giving the Boston Bruins an assist with their new practice ice rink.

An almost 70-foot, 7,000-pound replica hockey stick made by Diamond Iron Works of Lawrence was transported from their Blanchard Street headquarters Sunday afternoon to the Bruins' new practice facility in the Brighton neighborhood of Boston.

The new facility, Warrior Ice Arena, is set to open in September as part of a larger development, Boston Landing, which will include space for retail, offices, and a smaller practice facility for the Boston Celtics.

Upon its delivery to the arena, the stick will be attached to the side of the 175,000 square foot facility, located on 80 Guest St., and will be visible to drivers on the Massachusetts Turnpike.

Full story here: http://www.eagletribune.com/news/diamond-iron-works-delivers-foot-stick-to-new-bruins-rink/article_6a89f3b4-30c8-11e6-99db-c7dc1648aa89.html

Looks like a construction boom, I thought it wd be more visible from the pike

I watched the video it looks kind of stupid lol but whatever its kind of cool too I guess.

Stick is this the real world emulating the the virtual world or what? :D

Here's what I posted on May 10 #790

Cjbski -- if this was only April 1 instead of May 10

Oh well here goes

The TD Boston Gahdn Bull Gang to locate between Celts and Bruins at NB
In a startling announcement the Pension Fund for the old and new Gahdn Bull Gang [they change the surface from ice to parkay or parquet and back sometimes the same day] have hired the legendary Architect I. M. Pei to design their new office and work-out facility.

When contacted -- Pei who is 99 said "I'm glad that someone is giving me a chance to make up for all the blunders during my career -- especially letting Cobb get the credit for the JHT and me getting stuck with the blame for City Hall Plaza." "Of course, I'm working a bit slower these days -- still I'm going to build the tallest building in North America right between the Celtics and the Bruins"

While the Bull Gang Pension Fund LLP, didn't offer any details, sources close to Pei mentioned the the building would look like a hockey stick with a basketball impaled in the middle of the shaft. Other less reliable sources mentioned that a giant horizontal Bill Russel would be holding on to the top of the Hockey Stick while a giant inflatable Bobby Orr hip checked the huge basketball which would hold the Bull Gangs Pension accounting offices.

http://1080.plus/Boston_Bruins_to_B...ime_Lapse_by_BRIAN_BABINEAU/MYiWHz32cl4.video

Note the above was not intended to impune or demean any sports franchises, super star players or architects or the associated business organizations or any member living or deceased of the Bull Gang

Just fun at the opportunity -- there is an anonymous office building at 60 Guest between the two practice facilities

I too thought the giant stick would be more visible from the Pike. Oh well. By the way, the boards are up in the rink and the ice is going in soon. I'm sure the Bruins players are psyched not to have to schlep back and forth to Wilmington anymore.

Boston Landing station is quickly making incredible progress.

Taken by a friend (@flagster) and posted with his permission:

13664559_10103166872528865_1019386244_n.jpg

13639659_10103166872568785_2032766433_o.jpg

Edit: New pic of the platform:

https://twitter.com/flagster/status/753657543520641024

CnWHiUBWgAEIxId.jpg:large

Last edited:
No pictures yet, sorry, but steel is up for the connection to Everett Street. Not sure if it'll be an elevator shaft as well.

No pictures yet, sorry, but steel is up for the connection to Everett Street. Not sure if it'll be an elevator shaft as well.

Steel was sent back due to finish issues, this was to be the 3rd Elevator hoist way though.

Back