Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

Sound points.

In the times you noted there was at least regionalism. Add technology, mass production of building products and common comfort standards into the mix, and you have a worsening case. Not a new problem, just an expanding one.

Yep, there were local variations due to (1) material availability, (2) weather differences, and (3) exposure to primarily other local designs.

We don't have something called a "Cape Cod house" because they were a hegemonic worldwide phenomenon.

Today, we have (1) mostly uniform access to materials, (2) climate control systems that negate weather differences, and (3) international exposure to design trends.

There definitely was a traditional New England architectural style. I would be hard pressed to characterize a modern New England style that is distinct from other regions of the country.

Damn fine conversation here AB'ers. This thread has made my day. Thanks for participating.

cca

38124842081_db87bff223_b.jpg

26348252659_fb5a26d1ce_b.jpg

37415526704_337c28a529_b.jpg

Very interesting. Makes sense - their other operation is right up the pike / on the same rail line...so this is a compromise that allows them to open up shop in Boston, but still be highly connected to their main campus.

Btw (and not to quote myself...but, what the heck):
...a long shot / crazy idea would be Bose b/c I'd heard they were interested in cambridge R&D office...

My guess in 2016 was Cambridge. I was wrong on the particulars. But I very much had a hunch that an outpost closer to the city would be happening sometime soon.

Very interesting. Makes sense - their other operation is right up the pike / on the same rail line...so this is a compromise that allows them to open up shop in Boston, but still be highly connected to their main campus.

I imagine they will leave Framingham eventually, probably within 5 years. Their main building is pretty big and in an isolated area... that's going to be a real pain to unload.

I imagine they will leave Framingham eventually, probably within 5 years. Their main building is pretty big and in an isolated area... that's going to be a real pain to unload.

They have a manufacturing operation there (for prototypes, not consumer products) and a whole big campus. More likely the C-Suite moves and they put a Bose logo on the building, but most of the shop remains in Framingham.

^new Celtics practice facility?....with the Bruins' facility in the background, over which is the ~10 story building that Bose is moving into?

(btw, go Celts tonight vs. Warriors!)

They have a manufacturing operation there (for prototypes, not consumer products) and a whole big campus. More likely the C-Suite moves and they put a Bose logo on the building, but most of the shop remains in Framingham.

I'm with you on the logo overlooking the pike, but I've heard they wanted an outpost in/near the city or cambridge to help with recruiting engineering grads who didn't want to work in framingham. My bet is this facility is not limited to execs...i'd expect some design and/or R&D in there.

They removed the protective covering from the facade on the 2nd floor. Looks good.

OMFG. Stop driving and taking pictures. How many times do we need to say this on here?

I wasn't driving the freaking car. Go away, please. Stop sitting there with your mouse trigger finger ready to just click the shit out of a thread and find something to bitch about. Its late, just stop already jeeeesus christ dude insufferable.

Back