Boston Marathon Bombings Thread

Re: Open Thread

Who's they? Who's shutting what down?

>Governor Patrick asks Boston residents to remain inside as search for suspect continues.
>Governor Patrick asks Boston residents
>Patrick asks Boston
>asks

Enough. Go the fuck outside if you want. Ain't nobody stoppin' nobody.

Hey statler, why don’t you scold this blogger for using offensive language towards me? Since you had the balls to find my post offensive after kz1000 called me a fool.
Nope, not when you've proven yourself time and again to be a fool.
I love how the hypocrites on this board only value their own views on life.

And by the way I have not read one educated blog from BostonUrbEx since i have been on this site. So most of your posts are worthless.

2nd suspect pinned down in boat in Watertown and bleeding.

Mr Rifleman: Sorry I was pissy (but funny?) in my earlier comment. I get annoyed but have enough smarts to accept that's what forums are all about.

Hey statler, why don’t you scold this blogger for using offensive language towards me? Since you had the balls to find my post offensive after kz1000 called me a fool.

You've been spouting the same half-baked shit for how many months or years now? It's not that I "only value [my] own views on life", it's that after a while of listening to someone spout nothing but foolish crap my ears will turn off and disregard everything said thereafter as pure foolishness. This is a natural reaction among rational human beings, and I, along with almost everyone else on this board, have long since reached this point with you. Sorry pal.

And by the way I have not read one educated blog from BostonUrbEx since i have been on this site. So most of your posts are worthless.

1.) This is not a blogging site. This is a discussion forum. You are the only person on this forum that thinks this is a blogging site.

2.) UrbEx has outstanding posts from development concerns to comprehensive transit information and planning.

3.) You spew the same crazy stuff over and over again and then claim that another user is making useless posts?

Mr Rifleman: Sorry I was pissy (but funny?) in my earlier comment. I get annoyed but have enough smarts to accept that's what forums are all about.

John, I honestly don't care what people blog. Especially when some bloggers like myself at times rant & rave about stupid issues. But I do find it offensive for Statler to give me an infraction for this post

I might be a fool but you continue to read my posts so what does that make you?

Statler continues to look the other way when bloggers make references to insult me. I guess thats the definition of being a hypocrite.

Latest reports are saying they were able to find him hidden in a parked boat in someone's backyard due to helicopters scanning the area with thermal imaging equipment. Suspect still isn't in custody yet, though at this point it seems it's a matter of minutes until that happens and not hours or days, thank god.

BIQJ4W7CAAIawFs.jpg:large

And the city has begun to celebrate.

Edit:
601878_10201058723973221_524758194_n.jpg

Northeastern University.

Last edited:

First of all... why are you always referring to this/us as a blog/blogger. Not to be all picky here, but blogs are quite different. They're generally run by one person, with a bunch of readers/commenter. This is a place where anyone can post just about anything, with everyone on fairly equal grounds as to initiating discussion.

Second, I'm just telling you to calm down. I'm sick of people blowing this up to be some sort of power grab by the cops. I'm a goddamn anarcho-capitalist, but I still see things for what they are. I know you're ready to see today's events as a massive powergrab, but guess what... it was not. If you want to be upset with how things were handled and organized, fine. But the victim card that I've seen hundreds of people trying to pull today is just ridiculous, I've seen enough of it.

I'm not even going to continue any further, enough said. Just please take a breath.

Also, lay off the Alex Jones and read something with more substance. This isn't a snipe at you or anything -- seriously, don't fall into his cesspool.

Keeping soberly in mind the tragedy of the week I'd hope

Now that things have settled down a bit, a few observations from this week.

a. Read a whole bunch of words about our fair city this week and one thing became incredibly clear. People, both inside and outside the city really, really associate Boston with our sports teams. Like, A LOT.
Like, a WHOLE LOT.
There were passing mentions and references to our history, and schools and hospitals (OK hospitals came up a lot too) but sports really was a very common theme in the images and stories that were produced this week.

2. I knew our local police force was militarized after 9/11 and you could see a bit of it during the DNC, but it was on full view this week. Hopefully, that side of the BPD can stay hidden again for a long while.

Seven championships in less than a decade, in four different sports, will have that effect. Also, this happened at a sports event.

Back