Boston Properties Office Tower | 888 Boylston Street | Back Bay

Cladding is coming along, as is the new Boylston Court entrance. None of that is relevant to this picture:

20987140793_b150cc0379_b.jpg

It's truly amazing how Milenimum fits in so perfectly with the high spine, despite being so disconnected from it.

looks like there was a crane jump as well this weekend. Especially if you compare this photo above to the one taken on 9/14

Glass looks good.

The new mall entrance is coming together:

It's truly amazing how Milenimum fits in so perfectly with the high spine, despite being so disconnected from it.

In that case, prepare to be truly amazed-er in _____ [2020/2025/2030/whenever] the Winthrop Sq. Garage 700-ft. tower tops-out. As far as I can tell, the "high spine" axis that slices through the Pru and Hancock Tower, heading eastward toward Downtown Crossing at about an 80 degree compass heading, almost exactly bisects Winthrop Square.

In contrast, MTower is a good 5 or 10 degrees above/to the northwest of that compass heading/axis...

Seeing that entrance and the renderings for how it'll turn out just makes me want a refresh of the Huntington Ave ped bridge that much more...

In contrast to R2D2 who's nearly bumping the Pru -- it's amazing how big a separation there is between the new tower and the Pru

Its great seeing Americas most walkable city become even more walkable. I like the fact that most developments are just filling in the missing pieces instead of tearing down the old buildings that make Boston what it is. Theres a lot more pieces left and its going to create a perfect balance of old and new.

Looking at that last shot I was literally thinking the same thing. Once Four Seasons and Dalton are done plus this tower the Blend between old and new will be perfect and I bet the Pru will wear its age better.

Copley too. There has always been a nice symmetry to the back bay skyline with the pru and hancock in a straight line and the smaller towers standing along side. Once copley and one dalton are built there will be another straight line of peaks to the right of them which will line up with 111 huntington and balance perfectly. Then to the left 500 boylston, 888 boylston, and the future pike air rights parcel will create another straight line. The back bay skyline will be much different but it will still have that straight line symmetry that points you towards downtown the way high spine concept intended. Its pretty amazing that this is happening seeing how the streets should have lead to a more random skyline like downtown. They're kind of creating a balance out of chaos, where messy streets are good for street life and order is good to keep the high spine alive. This building is yet another key piece of the puzzle to bring this concept to life.

old rendering but it illustrates the way these will balance
csc_towers_proposal.jpg

Last edited:
PROGRESS! (Looks like upper level mechanical framework is going in)

The glass is honestly quite nice:

This is going to be a great addition to the area.

Back