Boylston West @ Fenway Triangle (Van Ness) | 1325 Boylston Street | Fenway

Re: Boylston West @ Fenway Triangle (Goodyear Tire) | 1325 Boylston Street | Fenway

Flipping the switch on this one to "Complete".

08-04-2010 to 7-21-2015. Not too bad by Boston standards.

(The thread is still open for discussion, though)

Re: Boylston West @ Fenway Triangle (Goodyear Tire) | 1325 Boylston Street | Fenway

There's still a lot of work on Van Ness St.

Amended.

Thank you.

As long as you're editing the thread title, the building has been named "Van Ness" in all marketing materials and branding for a year or more. It should be in the thread title somewhere. Maybe get rid of Goodyear Tire--that's not the only business that was on this site before they built Van Ness.

19389287484_78ac03d7d5_b.jpg

Surprised no one has commented on the opening of the Target yet (hard to compete with no Olympics and the chance to take another picture of the 43rd floor of the MT :)). Pretty decent--well lit, nice open spaces and good views from several of the windows. The food section is a bit disappointing (seems more convenience store + attempt at a few fresh vegetables), but everything else looks pretty standard. Of course it has that new Target smell, so that colors everything, but the bones of the space look like it will hold up nicely over future remodelings.

I'm very disappointed at how the large corner window at Van Ness and Kilmarnock turned out. Target built an internal wall in right in front of it so it's a dark empty space.

Surprised no one has commented on the opening of the Target yet (hard to compete with no Olympics and the chance to take another picture of the 43rd floor of the MT :)). Pretty decent--well lit, nice open spaces and good views from several of the windows. The food section is a bit disappointing (seems more convenience store + attempt at a few fresh vegetables), but everything else looks pretty standard. Of course it has that new Target smell, so that colors everything, but the bones of the space look like it will hold up nicely over future remodelings.

I took some pics with the mirrorless Sony α7r the other day that I'm just processing. Regarding the grocery options, I noticed a few products that were duplicated on shelves nearby (cat litter, cat food, lightbulbs, cereal), so they may just have limited selection for now and are just filling the shelves with what they have. The alcohol selection seemed similarly anemic, but again, I assume they'll stock a larger selection in the coming months.

I was particularly taken by the signage and the interior lighting. Instead of those standard parabolic or diffusing fluorescent drop-down ceiling troffers, they had some interesting indirect lighting that may or may not use LEDs.

I'm very disappointed at how the large corner window at Van Ness and Kilmarnock turned out. Target built an internal wall in right in front of it so it's a dark empty space.

Yeah, I was really disappointed in this - they'll likely be using that space for promotions/massive display case.

Anyone get up to the rooftop park yet (not sure if it's even open)? I asked a Target employee about it and they had no clue it even existed.

Anyone get up to the rooftop park yet (not sure if it's even open)? I asked a Target employee about it and they had no clue it even existed.

It's not for the public--it's exclusively for the residents of the new apartment building. There's no reason the Target employees would know anything about it.

It's not for the public--it's exclusively for the residents of the new apartment building. There's no reason the Target employees would know anything about it.

And the office tenants.

Looks like separate areas for residents and office workers.

The food section is a bit disappointing (seems more convenience store + attempt at a few fresh vegetables), but everything else looks pretty standard.
The food section is on the 3rd floor and is very large with prices that match my local suburban Target. The Star market will really be in trouble once people discover Target and that Star (and Stop and Shop) have been price gouging Boston for years.
https://flic.kr/p/wFdMuF
https://flic.kr/p/wo7Gdm

Wish they would put a City Target in the Boston Garden Complex.

What stop and shop price gouges? South bay is reasonable, the other dorchester one is too... The two Star Market's in the city I agree are pricey, I figured they were just passing their rent costs on. (the one time I didnt think something sinister was happening)

What stop and shop price gouges? South bay is reasonable, the other dorchester one is too... The two Star Market's in the city I agree are pricey, I figured they were just passing their rent costs on. (the one time I didnt think something sinister was happening)

One Brigham Circle. It's brutal.

Back