BU Development Thread

today
363-1.jpg

The Christian Science dome never fails to class up any vista.

Love how this shot highlights the tip-up roofs of the Law Tower and Dorm-Deluxe.

Interesting. Hadn't noticed the correspondence.

Jesus, BU alone has made Boston look 25% bigger.

Is that additional parking lot getting developed?

Is that additional parking lot getting developed?

Stuvi phase 3. It will link phase 1 and 2 and provide two smaller towers for residents.

It's pretty far away on the horizon. I'd guess 10+ years.

Harvard owns all the land on the northern side of BU's property in this photo; i.e., the railroad tracks abutting the athletic field, the student village residence halls, all the way east under the Mass Pike to the left frame edge of the photo. The land under Soldiers Field Rd is not owned by Harvard.

Cheek by jowl.

Stuvi phase 3. It will link phase 1 and 2 and provide two smaller towers for residents.

It's pretty far away on the horizon. I'd guess 10+ years.

It really is a missing link in all of this; as of right now the whole complex is really not connected well. For instance, you have to walk around Agganis Arena to access the 2 residence halls instead of a straight shot. Hopefully the future residence will also address the need for even a little bit of open space for lounging.

I don't think you can deny that once finished, and if executed correctly, BU could have a very nice urban campus on their hands. A small grid of paths, athletic and residence facilities blended well, and easy access to at least some academic buildings. I can understand why they want to centralize everything.

Back