Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

29013426280_05b1794c79_b.jpg

What's the steel for? Is that the 539' residential tower, starting to rise?

My best guess would be reinforcements required for dismantling a portion of the garage.

EDIT: Come to think of it, that portion of the garage is pretty gutted out already, and I don't believe they are going to be doing any underground work there (someone please correct me if I am wrong). So maybe that steel will be used for the tower.

What's the steel for? Is that the 539' residential tower, starting to rise?

It's bracing for the garage. See how it is tied to the support columns of the garage. This is on the one congress side. The residential tower is on the other side of the garage.

It's bracing for the garage. See how it is tied to the support columns of the garage. This is on the one congress side. The residential tower is on the other side of the garage.

Ah, thanks for the details. Is the residential tower actually u/c? Or is this preliminary site prep?

Site prep. They're moving the entrance to the south side of the garage and building an internal ramp, before they demolish the spiral ramp 'cylinder'

I'll throw out some guesses,

Aetna, Deloitte, KPMG, Liberty Mutual.

I'll throw out some guesses,

Aetna, Deloitte, KPMG, Liberty Mutual.

TySmth -- How about None of the above

The only construction work currently is for the residencial tower

Based on recent trends an trouble renting high floor offices in highrises such as 200 Clarendon [Née John Hancock Tower] I'm betting that the Office Tower becomes a Mixed Use Tower before long and then the need for an anchor tenant disappears

^^you said what many of us probably have been thinking. And if and when this happens, they should push for the 3rd tower to go to like, 700' (like one of the Transnational twins) to make back the difference, and raise the bar. Of course, that would be too awesome to even consider.

ok, I realize odds are against me and this isn't a popular view, but I am gonna call this: we are going to see a blockbuster corporate announcement about an anchor tenant for the office tower.

I'm aware of all the facts stacked against this, but I think change is in the air. That's my call.

^That's the spirit!!

It's not like no office construction is being completed. The seaport has seen many large office buildings being built.

That would suck if it did go mixed use because that would mean bye bye to the design. It would need to get thin at the top like SST

As long as they don't redesign it I don't care what the ultimate use is. As is, this will be one of Boston's best skyscrapers. Praying they don't give it the SST treatment.

add 1 more....

the most-likely outcome for Harbor Garage, (other than no proposal) - is the SST treatment.

Some version of the SST would have been very good at TD garden as well. 600' + 700' towers w/ assymetrical setbacks would have been awesome. i almost wish they had simply held the office tower back for a few years.

That would suck if it did go mixed use because that would mean bye bye to the design. It would need to get thin at the top like SST

2017...January or August...can't help but wonder

Back