Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

This is probably going to end up being my favorite recent development when this is done. (Anchor tenant now plzzzzz)

There isn't a single part of this project that I have any major qualms about.

Also, nice job DShoot!

This adds another element to the greenway as well. Were slowly but surely seeing the greenway built up. Its crazy how clearing out a bunch of old Boston back in the day to make way for a pos ramp ended up being a great decision once the initial mistake was corrected. Now that all the money is spent blah blah...etc this at the current moment in time is a huge asset to the city and along with cleaning up the harbor is paying dividends for the city. If they had never built the artery this would probably be tangled streets that would be nice yes, but we have plenty of those, trying to build the greenway today would never happen if all of those buildings were still there and we had to take/demo them. A lot of development lately is fixing old mistakes and thats the best part of it. Were not demolishing much at all but more patching up the holes left in the city.

Also, these developers are investing in some seriously high-quality renderings. Hopefully that effort is commensurate with their search for anchor tenant.

25 years ago, if someone had shown all these renders, MT, TD Garden, Rowes Wharf, the new towers at the Harbor Garage and Hook Lobster site, the Zakim and new Northern Avenue Bridge, Bullfinch Triangle midrises, the Greenway, new boutique hotels, Seaport, etc, ...they would have accused you of being both a visionary.... and a crackhead.

I wish the BRA or the city in some fashion would release official renderings of all of the projects together. That would be amazing to see official HD renderings of everything together. They definitely wont though and I don't blame them it would be to no benefit and probably a lot of criticism once people saw just how massive of a change is coming.

People from all across the country/world absolutely LOVE Boston as it is. They're in for a treat. Since we live here were in for an even bigger treat. As Ive mentioned I was in the Marines up until a yr and a half ago and trust me people love this city. I went basically all over the entire world and country and every time I said I was from here I automatically had their interest. Many people also say that one of their bucket list items is to come here and see the history in person. People in general have a genuine love for Boston...just not our sports teams, and I was always happy to see this.

Our waterfront skyline in 10 years in my opinion will be ONE OF the best in the world. Note I said in my own opinion and also one of the best....not THE best, don't go crazy haha.

Last edited:
Also, these developers are investing in some seriously high-quality renderings. Hopefully that effort is commensurate with their search for anchor tenant.

I would assume that the renderings are part of a major marketing campaign targeted at landing a large, high-rent tenant.

I found a mucher wider shot of a render I posted a couple days ago. The other shot was cutoff at the fed and longfellow towers.

overview_bulfinchcrossing_skyline_dusk_image.jpg

Would love to see this photo with GE HQ, South Station Tower, Winthrop Garage, Garden Garage (35 Lomasney Way), and Hub on Causeway (North Station).

This will look amazing in -Boston Skyline-
Very smart development

Timing could be off but hopefully the market holds for the developer.

Are they building by SPEC or tenant commitment?

Boston is hot. But, we're a lot closer to the end of the office cycle than the middle....

who would put this thing at greater than 50% getting built as offices?

we might be waiting a long time.

Could this problem be related to why we lost Copley Tower?

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/metropolis/2017/04/the_retail_apocalypse_is_suburban.html

retail is one of those unsung canaries when spying for the early signs of a downturn.

maybe this thing can get redone as a mixed hotel/residences type thing.

but what we're mostly doing at this point is fondling a plastic sexy tower, wtf.

:) Whats add inc?

They did the State Street/Channel Center building in Fort Point, the first Fan Pier building, the Tree House at MassArt, 315 on A at the edge of the Seaport, the Carpenters' Union building on the highway, the Troy in the South End, the Victor by North Station, and One Greenway, among many other notable designs. They were bought up by Stantec (as stated above) in 2014.

Last edited:
They did the State Street/Channel Center building in Fort Point, the first Fan Pier building, the Tree House at MassArt, 315 on A at the edge of the Seaport, the Carpenters' Union building on the highway, the Troy in the South End, the Victor by North Station, and One Greenway, among many other notable designs. They were bought up by Stantec (as stated above) in 2014.

Wow. That's a lot.

Back