Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

The aB cycle:

1. Someone complains that a project is moving slowly
2. The architects and engineering professionals explain why
3. A few weeks elapse, frustration and curiosity again brew
4. No one ever looks upthread
5. Someone complains that the project is moving slowly...

(yes, this was inspired by West's cycle on the 115 Winthrop thread)

I mean...it was approved ~4 years ago...

It almost seems like it's purposely going slow so that with the slightest economic blip they can walk away without a loss.

I'll shut my trap until Sept 1

I'm not gonna comment on what people are, you should ask DD if you're curious

i was mentioning it because there are likely to be a few high profile women from the Boston planning/building scene, etc on this board. :)

Data is going to give you a scolding if you're not careful and tell you about how towers just dont go up overnight... he's right of course...

I follow the contractor on twitter and they show pictures of them laying rebar below the lower decks so its my opinion that it might pop like the Congress st addition and its all the sudden something there when we thought it there was nothing because we cant see it.

Lol, I wasn't gonna wade back into those waters. I've said my piece previously. No need to repeat. I too have actually noticed it seeming to go a bit slower than I anticipated, but the enabling work must have been more complex than even I could have imagined. I've worked on a couple jobs where there was enabling demo of an existing garage. It's not pretty.

Also to the others, yes I'm a guy. Yes, I have a husband.

^You ruined this forum. Please go away.

Odura,
Genuine, constructive feedback: What's incredibly bothersome is when you take a post where someone is trying to make a point that has nothing to do with development approvals or NIMBY obstructionism, and turn it into that before anyone else even gets a chance to digest/comment/respond about the actual intent of the post. This happens constantly.

Bulfinch Crossing is a project that is fully approved and construction is underway. There is no one obstructing this project other than basic economics and the laws of physics.

There's a time and place for critiquing the development approvals process, but for you it's every comment, in every thread, every day...

Please?

May I suggest "blocking." There are three members whose frequent contributions on this forum I never read because I have blocked them. Works for me.

May I suggest "blocking." There are three members whose frequent contributions on this forum I never read because I have blocked them. Works for me.

+1 The ability to block individual posters is a really useful one that everyone can take advantage of.

Done. Thank you for the idea. While I was in there I threw Hubman in the Ignore List too, because they are the same person.

Done. Thank you for the idea. While I was in there I threw Hubman in the Ignore List too, because they are the same person.

Just wondering, does it renumber the posts, or skip over them and have less than 20 on a given page? For instance, from where I'm standing, this is post 2342. Is it the same for you?

Just wondering, does it renumber the posts, or skip over them and have less than 20 on a given page? For instance, from where I'm standing, this is post 2342. Is it the same for you?

It does not re-number. Blocked people appear as a thin bar showing their name only. Unfortunately, blocked posters also bump the thread.

Unfortunately, blocked posters also bump the thread.

Yes, this is one of the issues. When the thread appears to be bumped by one of the repeat offenders, it dissuades people from engaging with the thread, regardless of whether they have that person blocked or not.

I could see this developer holding the bag for Congress garage development. This might be the one that gets caught in the economic downturn.

These renderings look awesome thou. And will be a great addition if he can pull this out.

i don't think that will happen, R.

1. We're not a speculative market on luxury highrise residences–and never will be.

2. This project is years away from delivery. There aren't enough luxury highrise residences being built in proportion to the area economy and city/regional market to cause a bubble. We're firmly grounded in the no-chance-in-hell category.

3.In such an unlikely scenario, the developer will get help from the BPDA/re; possibly change some of the project to luxury condos. It wouldn't serve the City's interests that the later phases would be jeopardized

4 Projects are many years behind schedule. Regardless if it remains apartments, given the location and timing; by the time this project arrives, it should be a show stopper.

i don't think that will happen, R.

1. We're not a speculative market on luxury highrise residences–and never will be.

2. This project is years away from delivery. There aren't enough luxury highrise residences being built in proportion to the area economy and city/regional market to cause a bubble. We're firmly grounded in the no-chance-in-hell category.

3.In such an unlikely scenario, the developer will get help from the BPDA/re; possibly change some of the project to luxury condos. It wouldn't serve the City's interests that the later phases would be jeopardized

4 Projects are many years behind schedule. Regardless if it remains apartments, given the location and timing; by the time this project arrives, it should be a show stopper.

I pretty much disagree with all of these except perhaps for the first part of your 3rd point. I get really nervous about these mega projects supposedly to be built in several phases over the better part of a decade if not more. So much can and does happen in such a long period. Can anyone think of a successful development built in Boston in the last 2 decades or so that spanned 5 or more years and was built in multiple phases?

Back