Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

Nazi submarine pen at L’Orient

I take it you wish to stage a tactical intervention?

[true fact: I had a great-uncle who commanded a fighter wing of P-47 Thunderbolts in France--truly, the tip of the spear, although from reading their operational history I don't see any attacks on the U-Boat infrastructure]

117DFE08-DBC1-44C9-9299-F7D2F088A9BD.jpeg
8FA97D66-CCC2-4F3F-8C47-4CBA2CBA86F0.jpeg

Apropos of nothing but friend now rents at the Sudbury and the views are sick! Will maybe try to take some pics and post here soon... : )

From today's Globe:

Parts of Green, Orange lines remain shut down amid ‘structural issue’ at Government Center Garage

Shuttle buses are in use on portions of the Green and Orange lines Friday morning after the company tearing down the Government Center Garage discovered structural weaknesses in support columns near MBTA tunnels in Haymarket Square, prompting the T to abruptly shut down service on parts of both lines.

Green Line service between the Government Center station in downtown Boston and Lechmere station in Cambridge is suspended indefinitely, while service on the Orange Line between North Station and Back Bay station is also suspended, according to the MBTA.

Boston police said streets will also be closed around the Government Center area due to the structural concerns.

Link:
Parts of Green, Orange lines remain shut down amid ‘structural issue’ at Government Center Garage - The Boston Globe

Whew. Glad they finally decided to tear it down when they did. 5 more years might’ve been catastrophic.

One test would be would this be a nice addition to 128 or 495. This building definitely is wrong for this site. Are there any more hearing on this building?

Back