Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) | East Cambridge/Charlestown | Cambridge/Boston

Re: NorthPoint Cambridge (The one that was train yards, the big plan.)

And leave this forum forever.

They're digging some massive pits over at the back end up the property, towards the Commuter Rail Maintenance Facility. How many projects are they working on simultaneously right now?

They're digging some massive pits over at the back end up the property, towards the Commuter Rail Maintenance Facility. How many projects are they working on simultaneously right now?

They were shallow pits that became deeper because they've added so much soil around them to prepare the proposed roadways and first construction sites (we discussed these a few pages earlier).

BeeLine's images are from Avalon Bay's Phase 2 project. The massive expanse you reference, between non-Northpoint Zinc (22 Water ST) and Prudential-owned Twenty|20, is owned by DivCo West.

Looks like the whole site is about to go under construction?

Is this a question or a statement?

question?

They've been adding dirt and grinding rocks for months. The plan is to add several hundred tons this year while adhering to the timeline I detailed in previous posts.

Unless something has changed drastically, there will be no construction until next year, with an expected completion for all of Northpoint sometime around 2030 (according to DivCoWest during our private owners' meetings).

Awesome large concrete pour this afternoon (still going as of 1830 hours): 6-7 trucks in permanent queue; one in a standby position; one filling the pump/arm. Lots of site activity since they finished the first level of parking (and sealed it from the underground lot at Avalon Northpoint) and tonight. I have images but unable to post. Come and see - there are floodlights! ;)

Awesome large concrete pour this afternoon (still going as of 1830 hours): 6-7 trucks in permanent queue; one in a standby position; one filling the pump/arm. Lots of site activity since they finished the first level of parking (and sealed it from the underground lot at Avalon Northpoint) and tonight. I have images but unable to post. Come and see - there are floodlights! ;)

Iveyhedge -- can you reconcile this latest post with #830 where you seem to indicate that
Unless something has changed drastically, there will be no construction until next year, with an expected completion for all of Northpoint sometime around 2030 (according to DivCoWest during our private owners' meetings).

Sounds as if something has changed N'cest pas?

Iveyhedge -- can you reconcile this latest post with #830 where you seem to indicate that

Sounds as if something has changed N'cest pas?

Whig - you caught me! I was on the way to an event and, with all of the trucks backing up between our building and Northpoint park, I mistakenly posted in the Northpoint thread instead of the more general Cambridge thread.

This pour (lasted until about 8:15) was for Avalon Phase II.

As for Northpoint proper, DivCo continues to move dirt, crush rocks, and excavate areas that match where they want to place the foundations of buildings in the briefings we've received. Looks like fairly continuous water testing, too.

Apologies for the errant posting, community.

Whig - you caught me! I was on the way to an event and, with all of the trucks backing up between our building and Northpoint park, I mistakenly posted in the Northpoint thread instead of the more general Cambridge thread.

This pour (lasted until about 8:15) was for Avalon Phase II.

As for Northpoint proper, DivCo continues to move dirt, crush rocks, and excavate areas that match where they want to place the foundations of buildings in the briefings we've received. Looks like fairly continuous water testing, too.

Apologies for the errant posting, community.

Any renders out there for Avalon phase II?

Any renders out there for Avalon phase II?

Post #720 refers to a *.PDF file, but I replied (a few messages below it) that the linked version was old, and more raw than what they gave us as prints. Some of the changes were subtle, but some were noteworthy enough as to compare "old" vs "new" during the presentations.

In short, #720 should give you a reasonable idea.

I don't think insects even have paws.

I'm going to have to insist you pause this line of puns!

Back