Canopy by Hilton (née Haymarket Hotel) | Blackstone St | Parcel 9 | Greenway

Re: Parcel 9 - The Greenway

"Poor people smell icky." - Jesus Christ

I happen to agree with Westy that luxury housing isn't a good thing to put next to an outdoor market, at least not if you want the outdoor market to survive and thrive. Rich people don't make good neighbors for Haymarket.

Last edited:

Talk about an utterly content-less statement.

And can we get a proper citation on that?

Most of the google search results attribute it to Texas Senator Phil Gramm.

Last edited:

So now it carries real authority!

Anything one of this countries first professional wrestling champions says is gospel in my book. (Abe Lincoln, linear wrestling champion prior to formation of the NWA.... way prior.)

“You Can’t Believe Most of the Quotes You Read On the Internet” -Abraham Lincoln

he was six feet four inches tall, and this is what he said.

He said: "It is the eternal struggle between two principles, right and wrong, throughout the world. It is the same spirit that says 'you toil and work and earn bread, and I'll eat it.' No matter in what shape it comes, whether from the mouth of a king who seeks to bestride the people of his own nation, and live by the fruit of their labor, or from one race of men as an apology for enslaving another race, it is the same tyrannical principle." [Lincoln-Douglas debates, 15 October 1858

Aaron Copeland's Lincoln Portrait text for the naration

You managed to find an actual Lincoln quote, but I'm not sure you understand it. What is it you think he's saying?

You managed to find an actual Lincoln quote, but I'm not sure you understand it. What is it you think he's saying?

Justin -- try this one -- and you can tell me if you understand it
"Property is the fruit of labor...property is desirable...is a positive good in the world. That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another; but let him labor diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume VII, "Reply to New York Workingmen's Democratic Republican Association" (March 21, 1864), pp. 259-260.

^ well you certainly sucked the life out of the funny quote meme

Heh. Meme.

Oh Long Johnson
Oh Long Johnson
Oh Long Johnson

Thank you Trey and Matt.

Relentlessly dull.

Oh jeeze, those are crap. This is a landmark parcel, these are background buildings.

Makes you wonder if the BRA instructed developers to avoid something iconic or even non-traditional (a la the Dainty Dot development).

Normandie still takes the cake here.

By the way, do green roofs ever actually happen in reality, or are they just compulsory for all low or mid rise renderings?

The ones at the children's museum stayed. In general they seem to be VE'd everytime, or we provide infrastructure to support them in the "future".

Seems silly sometimes considering the additional cost in structure to support this.

Normandie (hotel) and Blackstone (apartments) are the two finalists.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...7nm1GSDJJT6Kj152K/story.html?p1=Well_BG_Links

No new renderings with the article.
Final proposal from each due November 16. The state owns the parcel, and the state will decide who gets to develop the parcel.

As for the Boston Museum, I am not going to try reading the tea leaves in these two paragraphs.

The state’s decision Wednesday excluded a proposal for a museum focused on Boston history. But Roy said officials will redouble their efforts to build a museum elsewhere on the Greenway, at a nearby site known as parcel 12, which contains a ramp for the Interstate 93 tunnel.

“We’re committed to working with them to get decking built over the ramp,” said Roy, adding that the state wants to find a way to make the project financially feasible. In the past, museum officials have said building over the ramp would be prohibitively expensive.

Back