Canopy by Hilton (née Haymarket Hotel) | Blackstone St | Parcel 9 | Greenway

Re: Parcel 9 - The Greenway

The developer says they can't "compete," but why do they need to? They could be complementary.

It shows a pretty strange understanding of business economics and the benefits of clustering. I mean.... there's also the Millennium Hotel right around the corner, so is he going to call off the hotel too?

If I remember correctly, the Public Market got way more submissions for stalls than they were able to accept. This make no sense (except as excuse to use the space for a better margin purpose)

If I remember correctly, the Public Market got way more submissions for stalls than they were able to accept. This make no sense (except as excuse to use the space for a better margin purpose)

What are the rates on the stalls?

This is all I could find on their webpage:

Leases and rents will differ by vendor based on their location in the market, the size of the stall, length of lease term, initial build-out of the stall, the type of product, and whether the vendor is a start-up or an experienced business. Rents will be a combination of a base rent per square foot and a percentage of sales.

As part of the application process, vendors are required to submit a statement of "Financial Interest." We ask vendors to reflect a financial offer (or rent structure) that they feel is both profitable for them and fair for the rest of the marketplace.

Plus, the market blew away the monetary projections for the opening months and are now going 7 days a week starting in July.

I sure hope this isn't some turf war BS. I hope it wasn't the public market folks that complained, resulting in the developer pulling back from having market stalls. I could see them viewing this as encroachment on their domain, but I have no evidence of this.

Either way, this area is shaping up to be a nice little market district. I wish they could partner/collaborate and make the whole area better. The public market itself is far undersized for boston's demand for that sort of thing.

Parcel 9 is up for approval for this afternoon's BRA/EDIC meeting....

http://boston.siretechnologies.com/sirepubbra/agdocs.aspx?doctype=agenda&itemid=20102

5:50 p.m.: Request authorization to approve the Development Plan for Planned Development Area No. 103-Central Artery Parcel 9 for a mixed-use building consisting of a 225-room hotel, 25,000 square feet of retail space, and will provide facilities for the Haymarket Pushcart Association Street, to petition the Zoning Commission for approval of said Development Plan and associated map amendment; and, to take all related actions.

Great news. Not everything has to be a 700 foot high rise to be a great addition. The greenway is still getting better and better.

^^^^Haha.

I agreed. Great this is finally approved.

Re: Public Food Market | 136 Blackstone Street | Haymarket | Downtown

Re: Public Food Market | 136 Blackstone Street | Haymarket | Downtown

I'm not encouraged by these renders.

They scream to my inner Vienne: "is this the best we can do?"

+ conspiratorial thinking: "is the BRA purposely trying to make good on it's horrible rep??"

Put down the pitchforks and grab the shovels!

Put down the shovels and get the pitchforks ready---This development belongs in the back of Cambridge Harvard Square area.

This is not Greenway Material (Ugly Proposal for this area)

Put down the shovels and get the pitchforks ready---This development belongs in the back of Cambridge Harvard Square area.

This is not Greenway Material (Ugly Proposal for this area)

These renderings are pretty cheap so lets hope they are saving the cash for higher quality materials. The massing here could be better...I think they are taking the 'human scale' thing to heart in the middle of a dense city in a non-residential area.

That's just about as daring as you might expect... for a new development in downtown Marlborough.

It looks like it will be light colored brick its just low res renders.

These renderings are pretty cheap so lets hope they are saving the cash for higher quality materials. The massing here could be better...I think they are taking the 'human scale' thing to heart in the middle of a dense city in a non-residential area.

Who drew these renderings?---- Preschool Group:

Pretty unaspiring

People hate it now, they'll get excited when it starts going up, then when its half way through and not a reflection of what the end result will be at all people will call it a turd, then it will finish and everyone will love it.

Back