Channel Center | Fort Point

The colorful side is a true abomination. The mistake was making it the same color as the temporary siding that is often used on construction. It will forever look unfinished. It looks even worse in real life than in pictures.

Dude, where the hell did this thing come from?? Wasn't this only proposed last summer? Shit's nearly done!

TMAC -- obviously you are new to Boston

Some projects can take years to move from study to study

Others by:

Fidelity
State Street
Liberty Mutual

and perhaps there are a few others that have "CLOUT" -- can move so fast that the public release of the rendering is an "As Built"

At least uinda Da Maya's Reign -- of course beginning in January -- much more might be on "Fast Track" as the new man in the mayors office who appears to be a vassal of the Building Trades Unions takes the reins

^^^ I was standing on the west side of A Street, close to the corner of A and 2nd Streets. Looking NNE.

Really digging the vertical copper-colored beams on the windows. I'm quite happy with the final product.

Hopefully we get some more experimentation with color in future developments. I like how this project stands out.

JhYqa5xh.jpg

gw9q1Sah.jpg

uR8LBEbh.jpg

Love love love that glazed curtain wall of the garage. Also, I see the support structures for the panels that will cover the concrete garage, so at least we're getting some sort of screen.

I just realized that the same people (Commonwealth Vintures "CV Properties") doing this project are also working with the MCCA on the hotels and garage on D Street. Once the BCEC is expanded I wonder if they plan to connect this garage, via a foot bridge, to the new facitity. That would be 970 additional spaces for BCEC events.

I think once they finish up building, clean up the surroundings, put in the rest of the landscaping, and move people in this set of buildings will actually be alright.

Love it, would be right at home in Amsterdam. Does a good job breaking up all of that bulk. And the color! The Puritans must be doing 360s in their moldy, moldy graves.

I would be proud to work in the Channel Center building! Such a cool building, so very different and yet, so very like Boston. Bravo to the architects.

May I have some more, please?? The perfect building for this district and a great foil to whatever comes next. I love the texture and the tension between the blue and orange hues.

Back