Channel Center | Fort Point

^^^ It was almost complete by 3:30PM.
Channel One 11/10

On the north edge of the site there is a second crane base. Not sure if they will be using it or they are going to use it as a decoy like the second crane base at Millennium Place.

Someone had their legs pinned under a fallen slab of concrete at this construction site about three days ago. Not sure what ultimately happened, didn't sound good for his legs though...

Cranes everywhere walking up A street by Channel Center

8188910388_38e4548d64_b.jpg

If you look closely you can also see cranes from Fan Pier, Waterside Place and 319 A Rear

^ Ridiculous how much is going up right now. If 5 years ago, you told me this is what 2012 would look like, I'd say you're crazy.

^ Ridiculous how much is going up right now. If 5 years ago, you told me this is what 2012 would look like, I'd say you're crazy.

This is my walk to work everyday, and the picture really doesn't do justice. All the way down A street to Congress is construction sites.

One Channel Center progress:

20121213-PC130015.jpg

I'm not sure which project this is, but its right next door:

20121213-PC130018.jpg

DowntownDave your first photo is 319 A Street, and your second is 381 Congress.

Steel going up rapidly. They are up to the 5th floor already. This is a view from S. Boston (SE). They are still pile driving concret pilings at the garage site.

One Channel Ctr. 12/15

Dude, where the hell did this thing come from?? Wasn't this only proposed last summer? Shit's nearly done!

So, the rendering shows a facade with all sorts of alternating golden-ish colors a la MassArt, while the mockup gives us...two.

Expectations, you have been lowered.

So, the rendering shows a facade with all sorts of alternating golden-ish colors a la MassArt, while the mockup gives us...two.

Expectations, you have been lowered.

IIRC, ADD Inc. is actually the architect for this project.

Dude, where the hell did this thing come from?? Wasn't this only proposed last summer? Shit's nearly done!

Yes and no... The original office plans go back to the "Midway Center" in the late 90's. That said, it definitely feels like the physical construction schedule is moving far quicker than some other projects.

Crane city bitch, crane, crane city bitch, crane crane crane city bitch. Jib, jib, jib, booms on yo cities bitch.

Back