Development Map and Chart

Re: Development Map

Bump.

Time for updating probably. What needs changin'?

Avalon Exeter Residences - Under Construction

Longwood Center/Joslin Diabetes - Under Construction

Pier 4 (Phase 1) - Either permitted or under construction... I'm pretty sure there's a crane there.

Waterside Place - Under Construction

Seaport Square (Innovation Center) - Under Construction

New England Concervatory IMP - Approved

Northeastern University IMP - Proposed

Wentworth Institute of Technology - ask datadyne007

"Fenway Triangle" is vague... you've got the Burger King lot which was just bought and is about to get a new proposal. Then you have the NE corner of Kilmanrock & Boylston (the street # is slipping my mind), that's supposed to break ground in a few months.

New Balance Campus (Allston) - Proposed

Boston University East Campus Center - Under Construction (nearly finished, though)

BU IMP - ???

Casey Overpass/Forest Hills redevelopment - Proposed

Jackson Square Mixed-Use development - Under Construction

Ink Block (Boston Herald Site) - Permitted/approved

That should keep you busy. ;-)

Also
Bowker Overpass (Charlesgate) removal - Proposed

Wentworth:
525 Huntington Ave (7-story dorm) - Approved
New Sweeney Field on Parker Lot - Proposed
Innovation Center (Sweeney Field redevelopment - 7-18 stories) - Proposed

Let me know if I place these right. Also, I don't know where Parker Lot is, so I didn't mark New Sweeney Field.

Avalon Exeter Residences - Under Construction

Waterside Place - Under Construction

New England Concervatory IMP - Approved

Where are these?

Also, does anyone know if the MGH museum is complete yet?

Avalon Exeter is at the Pru on Exeter St. That's the tower they tore down part of Lord + Taylor for

525 Huntington is actually on the other side of Huntington in the Vancouver Triangle

New Sweeney is on the Parker Lot currently at Parker St and Prentiss St

Also the MGH Museum has been open for a while.

I don't know if anyone has made anything similar, but I thought it might be a good idea? :confused:

Fuschia: Dead
Red: Proposed
Yellow: Permitted
Green: Construction
Blue: Recently Completed

http://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217656314107067401485.0004a9eb9c78b6155d465&msa=0

And I'll have a thread link in the description for each one.

Hey BostonUrbEx, can you please do us all a favor and copy the color codes right onto the google map? It'll be a lot easier for people looking right at the map instead of having to go back and forth between AB forums and GMaps. When you click edit on the GMap page, just go right to the description section and copy it over. Takes 15 seconds.

Didn't they turn 525 into a park just about 4-5 years ago? I hope they didn't spend much money on the landscaping...

Park was interim during the recession. They tore down the gas station and then the economy crashed and the old IMP fell through, so they made a park that never got used.

Also
Bowker Overpass (Charlesgate) removal - Proposed

Wentworth:

Data -- Lot's more in Cambridge -- in fact the number of cranes in Cambridge is now comparable to the number in Boston

Hey BostonUrbEx, can you please do us all a favor and copy the color codes right onto the google map? It'll be a lot easier for people looking right at the map instead of having to go back and forth between AB forums and GMaps. When you click edit on the GMap page, just go right to the description section and copy it over. Takes 15 seconds.

Check it out. I just put the key in the map description. That good?

Pike Parcels 12-15 - Proposed

121 Brookline Ave - Construction

No. 6 Newbury - Construction

Thank you.

Not sure it's been mentioned earlier, but One Channel Center is under construction.

If parks are being mapped, I'm pretty sure Q Park at Seaport Square is under construction in addition to Boston Innovation Center.

If parks are being mapped, I'm pretty sure Q Park at Seaport Square is under construction in addition to Boston Innovation Center.

Is Q Park at the southwest corner of Seaport & Thomson?

Where's the Innovation Center?

If there's another planned development called the Innovation Center, it would be beneficial to call the Wentworth one WIT Innovation Center or something.

A few things:

A) The MassArt Dorm should be blue; it's pretty much recently completed.

B) The New England Conservatory IMP serves the existing NEC campus, which is pretty much the corner of Huntington Ave. and Gainsborough St. (near the NU/YMCA dorm). I would just put a marker on the parking lot north of St. Botolph and Gainsborough.

C) Waterside Place (u/c I believe) is at the corner of D Street and Congress in the Seaport.

D) Innovation Center & Q Park are pretty much the same parcel, roughly bound by Thompson Place, Northern Ave, and Seaport Blvd.

E) If you're going to include North Point and Assembly Row in your development map, you may as well put markers for all the projects under construction in Cambridge (Novartis, Kendall construction, Google catwalk... somebody else would know far more about these than I do).

F) Proposed gateway building to the Fenway neighborhood at the triangle intersection of Boylston & Brookline Ave with Park Drive (currently a D'Angelo's). I think there's a thread on here somewhere for it... it's like a 24-story flat iron building proposal.

G) Emmanuel College IMP (I'm not sure if this was approved or still awaiting BRA approval)

H) Tremont Crossing proposal across from the Boston Police HQ at corner of Tremont & Ruggles Streets (diagonal from NU's International Village). There's a thread on here for that somewhere... might be called Parcel 3 or 9 or something.

I) Melnea Cass Blvd. redevelopment - there are a few proposed/approved projects along Melnea Cass that'll add density along that corridor; I'd put a pin near the intersection of Melnea Cass & Washington St (next to Tropical Foods... they're expanding as part of it).

J) The I-93/I-90 interchange - there's a thread on here somewhere for the proposal to put a Prudential Center/Copley Place-scaled development over the highways. There should definitely be a marker on there for future reference (maybe a 6th color... vision?).

K) BCEC expansion - there are proposals and RFP's for additional hotels and exhibition space at the BCEC.

L) Logan Airport - ongoing construction to connect the terminals.

M) Kosta (?) Hall at Harvard University - this is the approved new residence hall at Harvard on the Boston side of the river, just east of Kresge Hall I believe.

More to keep you busy. :)

***And one last nitpick (sorry) --> Instead of labeling Yellow as "Permitted", I think you should call it "Approved". There's a difference between permitting and approvals as far as zoning is concerned. For example, a developer is permitted to build a skyscraper for the High Spine where the zoning calls for that, but can only physically begin construction on said skyscraper once it's been approved by the BRA, FAA, and all the other higher powers in Boston. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or out of line.

You're a beast. :)

Updated.

Didn't add J or L yet. Working on J. As for L (Logan Airport), any particular location? Thought this was all wrapped up.

BCEC expansion and hotel(s) are years off. Legislation must first be passed to allow hotels south of Summer. I don't think RFQ's have been issued since the whole initiative is still in campaign mode.

I'm pretty sure that Q Park and the Innovation Center are on separate parcels separated by Seaport Boulevard. Q Park is at the corner south of Seaport Blvd and west of Boston Wharf Road. The BIC is in the middle of the parcel north of Seaport Boulevard, roughly across from ICA and the Fan Pier park.

Couple Cambridge corrections/additions:

• 310 Main Street should be 610 Main Street
  • Mega Lab on Binney Street @ 42.366269,-71.084096
  • Watermark @ 42.363375,-71.082514
  • 150 Second Street @ 42.367087,-71.079019
  • 19 Cambridge Center (I think) @ 42.366096,-71.087889
  • Hideous building at Mass Ave and Mount Auburn @ 42.370414,-71.113035

Back